Derailleur advice

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
just fixed a puncture in back tyre and now getting this clicking from rear derailleur. I can't see what it is thats catching

Frankieboy

Jan 14, 2019
Basingstoke
Does it make that noise in all gears?
If so, can you post a second video with it in another gear, mid to upper cassette?
What does alignment look like from rear?
Only thing that jumps out is proximity of jockey wheel to cassette, perhaps too close?

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
sorted, no idea what I did.
It did it in every gear except the largest cog on the back. every gear changed faultlessly. whish I new what I was doing. I just turned the derailleur adjuster on the handle bars clockwise as far as I could then started turning it anti clockwise until clicking stopped and gears changed.
starting in smallest gear turned barrel adjuster anti clockwise until it changed.
whish it wasnt such a dark art

Aitrui

May 16, 2020
Budapest
I think it was the the upper jockey wheel, I have this all the time (also SRAM), when I reinstalling the chain after cleaning, it didn't seat with the chain as it should, and somehow rode on the "top" of the chain links.

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
I think it was the the upper jockey wheel, I have this all the time (also SRAM), when I reinstalling the chain after cleaning, it didn't seat with the chain as it should, and somehow rode on the "top" of the chain links.
I think your right

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles