Dengfu E14, Cube Reaction Hybrid or ??

BlueGlaucus

Jul 7, 2022
UK
Not sure what to do after seeing Robs cheap build video and getting a quote, prices have increased and the exchange rate sucks atm. so not sure what to do, so any thoughts welcome.

I currently run a tsdz2 on a Kona Kikapu with 1.1kwh battery and openfirmware, have decided I don't need full suspension and there are other issues. The frame is too small, the tsdz2 is worn out (replaced the bearings and shaft and it still has play in it, can't figure out what. Can only assume it the case has worn where bearings fit in, feels like a very worn bottom bracket) as well as wanting a removable battery, internal wiring etc. But have got lots of parts I could use got Magura mt5 brakes, Rockshock judy forks, raceface bar, stem, seat post etc

Will be using the bike for commuting to work, bikepacking and some blue trails at places like bike park wales, maybe one day will adventure into red, but certainly don't have the skills for that yet.

Found some reviews saying that the cube reaction hybrid was a very good allrounder, but wanting as large a battery as possible looking at the 750wh battery version but it's 3.5k and stock is pretty much non-existant. Whilst Dengfu e14 frame, m510 motor and 840w battery would be about 2.2k but would need at least new rear wheel/ hub and rims as currently its a 9mm QR and 26", but could re use rest of parts.
Although I can afford the cube, money is very tight atm which puts me off. Another option is maybe the 625wh version and get it 2nd hand, they seem to go for around the 2-2.2k mark.

Want something bomb-proof, that won't need fiddling with often and won't let me down as it will be used daily (commuting, shops etc as well as the more fun stuff) and will keep for many years, so any opinions or even other suggestions, and with the bosch cx being 85nm I don't see the need to go illegal so won't it UK compliant, even though my current bike is very much not road legal.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles