Decoy shutting down on trail

Sand0kan

Dec 12, 2019
Netherlands
Had some starting issues with the Decoy not powering on. So i mailed YT. They told me to unscrew the battery bolt a bit. Push up the battery towards upper bolt than tighten that bolt then the lower bolt.

This helped my powering on issue.

Yesterday i had my maiden voyage. To be honoust i had a blast but..........the decoy turned off automatically about 5 times. Besides that i had 4 W013 errors.

Ok the fix was fast. Turning on again and Off and On again. But i guess this is not how it suppose to be....

Anyone experiencing these problems to or knwo how to fix.

Myself is a newbie on e-bikes

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
The W013 warning is usually incorrect location of rear speed sensor isnt it? I got the same on my Vitus and shifting that sorted it, but I dont think the decoy has a spoke sensor does it??

Sand0kan

Dec 12, 2019
Netherlands
The W013 warning is usually incorrect location of rear speed sensor isnt it? I got the same on my Vitus and shifting that sorted it, but I dont think the decoy has a spoke sensor does it??

Nope the sensor is attached on the brakerotor so that cannot be the problem i guess.

TransAmMan

Sep 18, 2019
Canada
Did you check that all the wires are clipped firmly into the back of the E7000 display?

Hopefully its just a battery connection/terminal issue

Also make sure you do NOT have your feet on the pedals when powering the bike up as you may get the W013 error (due to the torque applied to the pedals). The pedals must be unloaded when turning the bike on/off.

Good luck and hopefully its an easy fix

Borist

Apr 13, 2018
SoCal
did you update firmware thru E-TUBE app? Seems to me that sometimes the latest firmware does not play ball with the battery. Fix would be to "downgrade" your firmware at Shimano rep/dealer.
Before doing that, check all cable connections, remove battery and check underneath if all looks right. I'd even pull out all cable to the control unit and reconnect them again.

Armeniandave

Sep 10, 2018
San Diego, California
So I have had these issues in the past and had YT downgrade the
firmware until new firmware came out. I didn't have any issues for
several rides but all of a sudden this week the bike started shutting
down again. This was after updating to the newest firmware that
specifically fixed the error issues.

This week I looked in the etube app and saw another update so I went
ahead and updated it no problem. Once my new tire gets here I'll go
for another ride and see if that fixed the issue or made it worse.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
If you've not already, take off the left hand (none drive side) motor cover and check all the cables are plugged in all the way and not snagging - or check the speed sensor cable isn't pulling tight with suspension movement.

Endoguru

Aug 21, 2019
Usa
Had some starting issues with the Decoy not powering on. So i mailed YT. They told me to unscrew the battery bolt a bit. Push up the battery towards upper bolt than tighten that bolt then the lower bolt.

This helped my powering on issue.

Yesterday i had my maiden voyage. To be honoust i had a blast but..........the decoy turned off automatically about 5 times. Besides that i had 4 W013 errors.

Ok the fix was fast. Turning on again and Off and On again. But i guess this is not how it suppose to be....

Anyone experiencing these problems to or knwo how to fix.

Myself is a newbie on e-bikes
I’ve had this issue twice on my Decoy And have figured out what causes it on my bike. When powering on, there cannot be any weight on the pedals and give it a few seconds (5-6) to Allow the computer to completely power up. Zero problems since using this routin.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles