Decoy Pro 29 size advice

nikojenks

Jun 7, 2020
UK
Can anyone give some sizing advice on the Decoy Pro 29? I’m 5’8” ish (173.5cm) and would need a Large based on YT’s size guide.

But looking at the medium geometry compared to my medium Bronson, which i’m super comfortable on, the decoy reach is 20mm longer, stand overs the same give or take a mm, wheel base is longer, ... etc. Only thing that comes up shorter is the top tube by 8mm and then there's the steeper seat tube angle. All this is pushing me towards the medium.

I generally prefer a slightly smaller bike, but really worried about ordering something too small and with no demo days planned and unlikely until covid is over unsure what to do.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:

d3ftone

May 29, 2019
Colorado
Sounds like you're in between sizes. The steeper seat angle will justify the longer reach and will probably feel about right when you are seated and climbing, but when you're descending the STA doesn't really matter since you won't be seated. When you're descending on your Bronson does it feel like you'd be alright with another 20mm of reach? I generally opt for the larger bike if I'm between sizes, but that's personal preference.

Wazzayt

Jun 7, 2020
Devon
I’m 5’9 and I’ve just received my decoy 29 in large. To me it’s a perfect size. Yes the ride position is slightly different to the decoy mullet for obvious reasons but overall the large is spot on.

Jeffsy29

May 6, 2020
Rockville MD
I’m 5’10” and in-between sizes too. I ordered a Large on the advice, data from the forum. Arrives next week. I’m anticipating success since the reach is larger and other geo close to that of my L Jeffsy29. Made up a chart and everything comparing vs the Levo L and Devinci M which I’ve ridden. Not seat time on a Decoy yet though.

nikojenks

Jun 7, 2020
UK
I’m 5’10” and in-between sizes too. I ordered a Large on the advice, data from the forum. Arrives next week. I’m anticipating success since the reach is larger and other geo close to that of my L Jeffsy29. Made up a chart and everything comparing vs the Levo L and Devinci M which I’ve ridden. Not seat time on a Decoy yet though.

i’m 5’ 8” and went for the medium and it’s the perfect fit for me. But if you’re 5‘ 10” it would be too small, large is definitely the way to go.

Last edited:

CamBo

Jul 9, 2020
California USA
Can anyone give some sizing advice on the Decoy Pro 29? I’m 5’8” ish (173.5cm) and would need a Large based on YT’s size guide.

But looking at the medium geometry compared to my medium Bronson, which i’m super comfortable on, the decoy reach is 20mm longer, stand overs the same give or take a mm, wheel base is longer, ... etc. Only thing that comes up shorter is the top tube by 8mm and then there's the steeper seat tube angle. All this is pushing me towards the medium.

I generally prefer a slightly smaller bike, but really worried about ordering something too small and with no demo days planned and unlikely until covid is over unsure what to do.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I’m 5’9 and went medium. Very close dims to the 2015 Santa Cruz Nomad I ride daily.

Its been perfect for me.

Jeffsy29

May 6, 2020
Rockville MD
I’m 5’10” and ordered/received a Large. Only 2 rides in so far but I can’t imagine going any smaller due to reach. I can (maybe) imagine XL but only for added reach. But never tried XL. All other dimensions and seattube-dropper height are spot on in a Large.

James Lawson

Jan 30, 2020
UK
I would suggest a size large.

They are opening a showroom/customer service area in Guildford next month I believe. Maybe go for a demo ride if that is a option?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles