Decoy Cable Port Plugs

Endoguru

Aug 21, 2019
Usa
A wee bit of black tape and a cable tie trimmed will keep them in place........
I agree it is the worst cable plug design ever. I used the method mentioned a few weeks ago. I little liquid dish soap allows them to be pushed as far into the hole as possible then use a small zip tie pulled as tight as possible. It has worked perfectly for a couple months now.

Armeniandave

Sep 10, 2018
San Diego, California
One Up axle arrived today...that was quick !! Conical washer fitted first, then the third thickest and it's exact same size as DT Swiss one. If you fit the One Up washer first, it's slightly out, so remember to put the DT Swiss one on first.....Cheers Endoguru for the advice and help...
Can you post a pic of what it looks like? Thinking of doing the same. Thanks!

Fatdog

Dec 23, 2018
Northern Ireland
There you go....the dropout was dirty and cleaned up....it isn't any damage to the frame......near crapped it when I seen the pic :)

IMG_20200710_135840.jpg

Last edited:

Armeniandave

Sep 10, 2018
San Diego, California
BTW in terms of the ports I just inserted it all the way in and put a zip tie one
the back side. It hasn't moved in two months so that's definitely the answer.
I asked YT about it and they acted like it was no big deal to put them back in
but it is a major hassle.

wenna

Aug 1, 2023
Sweden
BTW in terms of the ports I just inserted it all the way in and put a zip tie one
the back side. It hasn't moved in two months so that's definitely the answer.
I asked YT about it and they acted like it was no big deal to put them back in
but it is a major hassle.
That´s exactly what I was going to look into when I receive my bike. Removing battery and cable tie the plug on the inside so it can´t slip out again. Just wasn´t sure if I would be able to reach the plugs from the inside or if they stick out enough on the inside to get a cable tie around it.

When the inside is cable tied I´m thinking of using vulcanising tape on the outside over the plug and cable junction. Probably overkill but why not.

This way the plugs should stay put and there will be no slipping and sliding of the cables.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles