Decoy Cable Port Plugs

Crash

Sep 19, 2019
Austin, TX
Some of the cable port plugs surrounding the cables on my Decoy have come out of the port. I have been unsuccessful in effectively reinserting them and are just loosely inserted. Does anyone know how to get these back in?

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
You should have received a tool with the decoy for insertion, small plastic tool that fits the plug ends exactly

Fatbap

Feb 15, 2020
Rhondda south wales
If ur asking about the rubber grommets around brake lines etc I used a bit of fairy liquid on the cable an on the grommet and pushed them back in leave the fairy to dry an job done

Endoguru

Aug 21, 2019
Usa
The cable grommets are an issue on all YT bikes. My family has 4 of them, and the grommets won’t stay in the frame. I love my Decoy, but I don’t know why YT doesn’t fix such a minor item. My brother wore right through his derailleur cable because he wasn’t paying attention to the grommets.

On another subject, does anyone know where to get a replacement rear axle that does not have the quick release, but requires a Hex head tool for removal? It doesn’t appear DT Swiss sells one without the lever. There are a lot of rocks where I live and the quick release handle is a rock wacker.

Fatbap

Feb 15, 2020
Rhondda south wales
Sorry folks I should have used a better description lol. I have still had problems with mine so I have now used a bit of silicone sealer on them. I put it on the cable an on the grommet pushed in place wiped excess off an left to dry. As it’s silicon it is easy to remove if I need to.

Astom22

Jan 11, 2020
Celina, TX
I read on another site, that once you have them where you want them, you can use a small zip tie to keep them from sliding back out. I may try that once I'm home from vacation.

D

Deleted member 7401

Just based on initial impressions...the plugs are what I dislike the most. Wish that engineered a higher quality option that stayed put!

Fatdog

Dec 23, 2018
Northern Ireland
The cable grommets are an issue on all YT bikes. My family has 4 of them, and the grommets won’t stay in the frame. I love my Decoy, but I don’t know why YT doesn’t fix such a minor item. My brother wore right through his derailleur cable because he wasn’t paying attention to the grommets.

On another subject, does anyone know where to get a replacement rear axle that does not have the quick release, but requires a Hex head tool for removal? It doesn’t appear DT Swiss sells one without the lever. There are a lot of rocks where I live and the quick release handle is a rock wacker.

The axle is Decoy specific and not available to buy from DT Swiss. Mine broke and had to get a warranty done for mine...Took a month...

lamomie

Jul 3, 2019
France
Last edited:

Endoguru

Aug 21, 2019
Usa
hello, I replaced my rear axle with this one and it's perfect: just remove the conical washer from the original axle and mount it on the new
Axe passant arrière Rock Shox Maxle Stealth Boost E-Thru Interface 12x148 mm LordGun online bike store
00.4318.005.025 / Axle Maxle Stealth Rear MTB, 12x148, Length 170mm, Thread Length 10mm, Thread Pitch M12X1.5 - Boost E-Thru Interface Frames

Thank you. I was able to order a new axle from OneUp using this information.

TransAmMan

Sep 18, 2019
Canada
Just wondering the technique you guys are using to get the Conical washer off the DTSwiss Axle ? Its on there pretty good :unsure:

lamomie

Jul 3, 2019
France
normally, the cone is not stuck on the axle, it must be free so as not to turn with the axle when the wheel is tightened so as not to damage the frame. insert a screwdriver into the slot and move aside slightly, with another screwdriver push taking support on the clamping head and slide the cone down the rod, the attached photo shows the assembly on the new axis, I did not keep the other

20200406_103250.jpg

MTB565

Mar 22, 2020
Sweden
Guessing it is the same cabelports as on my YT Jeffsy, they are truly horrible. Cant understand that they use them. I fixed mine with small black cableties. Just shove the plugs in as best you can and tighten the cabletie. Works good for me and barely visible.

Endoguru

Aug 21, 2019
Usa
I sold my 2019 to my brother and bought the 2020 and it has the same loser cable plugs. The rest of the bike is ??.

For anyone interested OneUp has axles that come with multiple spacers. Using the conical washer off the stock axle it works perfect.

Endoguru

Aug 21, 2019
Usa
That is the one. I did use the washer off the DT Swiss. The OneUp comes with 4 different spacers so you can it just right. I think I used the 3rd thickest one.

Fatdog

Dec 23, 2018
Northern Ireland
That is the one. I did use the washer off the DT Swiss. The OneUp comes with 4 different spacers so you can it just right. I think I used the 3rd thickest one.

Got the DT Swiss washer off. Did you use both the DT Swiss washer and the 3rd thickest one that came with the OneUp together? Reads like you used two? Do you not just use the Dt swiss one by itself?

Endoguru

Aug 21, 2019
Usa
Guessing it is the same cabelports as on my YT Jeffsy, they are truly horrible. Cant understand that they use them. I fixed mine with small black cableties. Just shove the plugs in as best you can and tighten the cabletie. Works good for me and barely visible.

I’ll give that a try. YT bikes are so good in value and how they ride, I can’t understand why they don’t get the plug problem sorted. Charge me another $50-100 if you have to.

Fatdog

Dec 23, 2018
Northern Ireland
One Up axle arrived today...that was quick !! Conical washer fitted first, then the third thickest and it's exact same size as DT Swiss one. If you fit the One Up washer first, it's slightly out, so remember to put the DT Swiss one on first.....Cheers Endoguru for the advice and help...

Last edited:

DB88MOTO

Apr 25, 2020
BC Canada
Anyone else have a solution to keep the cable plugs in... I keep pushing them back in every ride. My friends Decoy shifter cable is now wearing through.. What a stupid design.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles