Levo Gen 3 Decent replacement shock for a heavier rider

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Now that really is silly.... The pump just pumps... you could rip the gauge off your shit or top end pump it and will still pump your shock to your prefered sag...
Get a good shock and a shit pump, not a shit shock and a good pump...
Fair points.

Jukka4130

Jun 27, 2021
Finland
EXT E-Storia – pricier than the options listed so far, but worth every cent. Compatible with spring rates up to 800lbs/in, the best damping performance that's found at the moment and durable construction, including chrome plated steel shaft.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
Now that really is silly.... The pump just pumps... you could rip the gauge off your shit or top end pump it and will still pump your shock to your prefered sag...
Get a good shock and a shit pump, not a shit shock and a good pump...
:oops::unsure: You should probably stick to coil shocks or hard tails.

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
:oops::unsure: You should probably stick to coil shocks or hard tails.
But how would i do my forks ?! iv got two pumps, digital for the garage, small analogue for my rucksack, iv allways got a pump with me, And i always read the gauge, But lets be honest, Only a
retard would pick a fancy pump over a decent shock...
Again all the pump does is pump up your shock, You really can ignore the recomended pressures, readings and go by sag and how the bike rides..

mmcengineer

Jan 3, 2022
Sheffield
Err NO. I think you need some basic Physics and Maths lessons ;-)

IMG_0430.jpeg

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
On average the rear accounts for 60% and the front 40%
Longer chain stays slacker front end will change these figure especially DH
Until you start braking and or going down a steep slope. I don’t know the ratio but the front gets loaded very fast and rear unloads at the same time.

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
Correct
But that's one reason you try to get as far over the back wheel to try to compensate the effect in the loading

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
But how would i do my forks ?! iv got two pumps, digital for the garage, small analogue for my rucksack, iv allways got a pump with me, And i always read the gauge, But lets be honest, Only a
retard would pick a fancy pump over a decent shock...
Again all the pump does is pump up your shock, You really can ignore the recomended pressures, readings and go by sag and how the bike rides..
WTF are you smoking?

$27 bucks for a digital shock pump means you have to buy a cheaper shock or fork…. You are just a troll trying to start fights and giving people crap advice.

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
WTF are you smoking?

$27 bucks for a digital shock pump means you have to buy a cheaper shock or fork…. You are just a troll trying to start fights and giving people crap advice.
It's definately you smoking the rock pal... You go use your fancy pump on your shit shock, ill use my adequate pump on my good shock and weel all live happily ever after...
Dont think the Dude Going to be put off by you telling him to get an awsome pump and not buy himself a better shock, We all like new, upgraded parts, Dont we ???

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
It's definately you smoking the rock pal... You go use your fancy pump on your shit shock, ill use my adequate pump on my good shock and weel all live happily ever after...
Dont think the Dude Going to be put off by you telling him to get an awsome pump and not buy himself a better shock, We all like new, upgraded parts, Dont we ???
The guy comes on here to ask about a shock
And you end up turning it into a slanning match
What's wrong with you lot

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
The current shock is the very basic rock shock
Deluxe select R
I was told in general that it would be best to upgrade due to my weight ?
Is there any problem with it?
Did you add any volume spacers to it? maybe it would help.
Or maybe Cascade Link (normal) could be next option ?

I'm very happy with RS Super Deluxe RCT and Cascade Long travel Link

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2023
Japan
just leave it. pump it up more and your good to go.
Thanks. That's what I've been doing so far. I have to basically do it before every ride. I go out for about 30 - 40 km each time, nothing extreme, mostly trails with some downhills and logging roads. I enjoy it, but I don't think I'm serious enough to invest several hundred dollars on new suspension.

Ridenfool

Oct 18, 2021
Tejas
For any who don't know, a shock pump is designed to not allow the shock to lose pressure when the pump is removed.

As the pump's connector is unscrewed the Schroeder valve on the shock closes before the seal on the shock pump is released. The air heard escaping when removing the pump is only the air in the shock pump's tube, no air from the shock is lost. What was measured remains the same after a shock pump is removed.

Trying to get accurate PSI settings on an air shock using a compressor or other pump and a hand-held gauge will always result in losing some pressure in the shock when the gauge is removed. Repeated checks will result in repeated loss of shock pressure. Try it and see.

Likewise, reinstalling a shock pump will result in air from the shock filling the tube to the pump, so there will be less PSI than what you remember putting in. Due to the small volume and high pressure, loss can be more than you might expect.

Shock pumps are not expensive, a brief Amazon scan turned up several for less than $20 (they used to give them away with the bike, or with a shock or fork purchase). But, they are specifically designed to allow for precise, repeatable measurement without loss.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles