Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

Lordy71

Jul 29, 2020
lancashire
Has anyone had issues with rear thru axle, the quick release on mine has come undone and will not tighten up to enable axle to be turned, and axle is stuck in wheel?
Both axles front and back are not the best to be honest i have already rounded the locking tabs on front axle ant one else had any issues, i will be replacing the back one.

Taters

Oct 6, 2020
Rotherham
Has anyone had issues with rear thru axle, the quick release on mine has come undone and will not tighten up to enable axle to be turned, and axle is stuck in wheel?
Both axles front and back are not the best to be honest i have already rounded the locking tabs on front axle ant one else had any issues, i will be replacing the back one.

Had very similar issues, not the greatest parts. Managed to screw the lever back in and tighten the axle but it's not confidence inspiring. Can anybody recommend a replacement?

Tallguy888

Aug 4, 2020
Salisbury
Hi, does anyone know what headset the Stilus has? I know it’s FSA but which model..reason I ask is I wonder if mine is missing it’s lower seal. I fitted a reverse angle spacer as suggested by a nice guy on YouTube but I thought the bottom of the headset had the crown race, rubber seal then bearing? My lower had water and rust in so worried I’m missing a part from the headset when fitted at the factory...

Lordy71

Jul 29, 2020
lancashire
Had very similar issues, not the greatest parts. Managed to screw the lever back in and tighten the axle but it's not confidence inspiring. Can anybody recommend a replacement?
i had to remove quick release and use mole grips to push in inner shaft then unscrewed axle, quick release on back axle just not pushing inner shaft inwards enough to lock with outer shaft. I will taking to LBS to source replacement later today will update with findings..

Taters

Oct 6, 2020
Rotherham
How does we know if our Stilus come with the 85Nm update software?

Got mine mid-september, it had the software for a roadbike so the menu went: eco-tour-sport-turbo

Took it to the local Bosch place and they put the latest upgrade on and the right one for emtb, although they did give me the option of using the roadbike mode upgrade and keep 'sport' mode. I didn't bother.

PhilBaker

May 6, 2020
East London/Kent
Do this and see if you 1.1.0.0 or 1.2.0.0

1. With the system switched off, simultaneously press the "-" and "+" buttons and hold them briefly.

2. In addition, briefly press the "On/Off" button.

3. The current software versions are displayed as running text.

Displ.: software version of the display

DU: software version of the drive unit

Bat.: software version of the rechargeable battery

1.Bat. /2.Bat.: software versions if two rechargeable batteries are used

Zecalama

Sep 14, 2020
Aveiro, Portugal
Got mine mid-september, it had the software for a roadbike so the menu went: eco-tour-sport-turbo

Took it to the local Bosch place and they put the latest upgrade on and the right one for emtb, although they did give me the option of using the roadbike mode upgrade and keep 'sport' mode. I didn't bother.
Mine exactly the same, but I don`t have here a local Bosch place, should I take it to Decathlon?

Lordy71

Jul 29, 2020
lancashire
i had to remove quick release and use mole grips to push in inner shaft then unscrewed axle, quick release on back axle just not pushing inner shaft inwards enough to lock with outer shaft. I will taking to LBS to source replacement later today will update with findings..
Update replaced rear thru axle with brand x cost £11 at LBS no issues .

1602156848188.png

McNasty

Jul 17, 2020
Manchester
Hate to say this but I'm with Gary on this one, it's probably best just to buy what you need when you need it.
Always laugh when you see people buying these massive tool box's with 500 items in there thinking they have got themselves a good deal, when they get home and take a peak they find half of what they bought is imperial and the useful parts are metric ??
Paid £25 for it and it’s already saved me a trip to the LBS with my hardtail so it’s pretty much paid for itself. ??

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
New thing I've noticed on mine, the shock appears to be leaking. Ive got oil deposits around the base of the shaft. Wiped it clean a couple of rides ago & it's reappeared.

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
saddle up boys there`s some at
WEDNESBURY
IN STOCK
- PICK UP IN 1H2 ITEMS AVAILABLEThis store is currently closed
Please

Jon0881

Aug 28, 2020
Lancashire
I'm 1,75m ad it fits perfectly in L. Also my wife (1,65) who got a Rockrider E-ST 900 in M fits on my Stilus. The frames are the same hight +- a few millimeters. i think you should hunt for an L frame. Good luck!

Ive managed somehow to order a Medium today off the website. I will give it a go and return if its no good. Being short legged at 77cm inside it might be ok. Ive been reading that i could fit a longer stem also? It might sound stupid but how do i know if it doesnt fit, if i feel cramped or uncomfortable or unstable?

Jon0881

Aug 28, 2020
Lancashire
Has anyone tried the new speedbox 3 b.tuning? If someone was considering changing the purion for a Bluetooth connected one it looks a good option

Riddler

Sep 3, 2020
Germany, Taunus
It might sound stupid but how do i know if it doesnt fit, if i feel cramped or uncomfortable or unstable?
Well, it doesn't sound stupid to me, since I also had concerns about the size of both bikes because, so far, I've never ridden a bike with another geometry than my 20+ years old checker pig CPX3060 which still has it's original steel fork an a super long ~100mm stem. I always was very comfortable on it and loved the bike. I always thought I'd like to ride on larger frames and thought about ordering the Stilus in XL. But the geometry on modern bikes is very different from my old one, so that I was unable to really compare them.
After all, I just believed in the things I read about the Stilus and it's size and got the L frame. (XL was not available in Germany at that time and now the size disappeared completely from the website.)

I also felt very good on my wife's bike with an M frame and another geometry.
From my point of view, only you can say if you feel comfortable on the bike, or not, since you need to feel it yourself. I don't think that there are any objective criterias about that. And a test ride in the Stilus is not possible, when there are no bikes on stock in the stores. So I think you should try the M and decide what to do yourself.

Jon0881

Aug 28, 2020
Lancashire
Well since there’s not much option for a Large right now I may as well give it a go. I’ve got a little loop near the house so hopefully can feel if it feels right. My medium vitus is ace but the seat post even cut still gets in the way. I’m trying not to get my hopes up as I’ve had 2 orders cancelled for Large before

Whytey

Oct 10, 2020
Yorkshire
Evening all wanted to say a massive thanks to all for the info just read back through the previous 69 pages!! (Yes.... I know)

Like many others Im sat waiting for them to come into stock, Saw some Mediums available this morning and nearly ordered but from everything I've seen and been advised on Facebook group it will be too small for me (5ft 8 /5ft 9 - 173cm) although I have seen a post on here from someone on a medium so if no Larges come in, I may have to risk a medium and make some alterations.

Thanks again for info and for Rob for his Youtube content

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles