Decathlon STILUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain Bike - SRAM SX

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
how have you managed to get hold of them by phone?
ill be doing exactly as you did with recording taking delivery,
Just to make clear, This was during initial trying to order and finding out about the bike during mid covid period. I spoke to a number of shops as they reopened (I hadn't found this forum and there wasn't info much anywhere), where they tried to help by giving me what they knew anout the unbranded Decathlon Stilus, stock availability etc, checking any latent stock in other stores (at one point the original Ireland store had an ex demonstrator and I looked into getting that shipped over-that couldn't happen for a number of reasons) and putting me through to those, who tried everything they could to help. I gleaned more info as time went by regarding delivery/shop pick up etc through this period-remember, this was the “dark ages“ for ordering the bike! . That's what I ment by phone contact.
I now knew the website was the only way through, but now and again popped the odd email off to customer services who, although were non-commital/vague, still responded.
The emails I sent were never ranty ones and always professional in tone. If all this helped with the refund, great, and everything was prompt and my feedback always acknowledged.
This forum was a great find and always positive/encouraging (unlike so many others out there).
Hang in there bud ?.

MPJ

Nov 28, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK
Well that was a interesting day... Not... Decided to to the tyres and go tubeless... Whip the wheels off.. Good.... Remove the tyres.....ffs...have they used superglue... Fitted new valves.. Couldnt be easier.... Put in some sealant.. Bit messy.... Put some air in to seat the tyres on the rims..... Straight on first time..... Check for leaks..... WTF.... Pi##ing out everywhere... Air coming out 4 spokes.. And 5 pinprick holes in side of tyre near tread line.......... Tyres tubes put back in all back together and feeling like I've waisted an afternoon...... Now to order some tubeless tape.... Puncture repair patches for tyre and start again in a few days time. 
What size tape will I need guys and any recommendations
I had the same, sealant coming out of pinprick holes around the sidewalls. swapped straight to my E-Wilds, no more problems.
The SmartSams may seal eventually as they did for @PhilBaker but I was always going to go for bigger grip anyway.
I use Gorillatape Handy Roll (25mm). Good luck (y)

note:- After sloshing sealant around the SmartSams and getting the pinprick leaks I chucked then in the corner of the garage. I now see the sealant has dried to a shiny film, could be a good base for trying again? Did take about a week to dry though ?

MPJ

Nov 28, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK
Been riding the 'pencil' for a quite a few weeks now and never got round to adjusting the forks, just thought, 'they're a bit crap but will do for my riding'...
Used the Trailhead app this morning and pumped them up to recommended pressure and did the number of rebound clicks.
They work much better now, still no where near my old Fox forks but quite a difference from out of the box.

Jamm13dodger

Jul 1, 2020
Burwell, UK
Been riding the 'pencil' for a quite a few weeks now and never got round to adjusting the forks, just thought, 'they're a bit crap but will do for my riding'...
Used the Trailhead app this morning and pumped them up to recommended pressure and did the number of rebound clicks.
They work much better now, still no where near my old Fox forks but quite a difference from out of the box.
I havent done this yet either - will sort it this weekend. TBH, my old forks are pretty much - this is how they come, like it or lump it.... :)

Drsooty

Jul 10, 2020
Lancashire
Mine arrived today! Had loads of work on today so have only just built the bike.
Pedals, handlebars attached. Tyre and fork pressure set. Exciting.

Just need to invest in some mud guards. Any recommendations for a mudguard? Ideally one which will also protect the motor area?

Johnny rider

Jun 28, 2020
Coventry uk
Mine arrived today! Had loads of work on today so have only just built the bike.
Pedals, handlebars attached. Tyre and fork pressure set. Exciting.

Just need to invest in some mud guards. Any recommendations for a mudguard? Ideally one which will also protect the motor area?
I used rrp pro for my front bud

Jul 16, 2020
East Devon
Hi all
another newbie here.new stillus arriving tomorrow hopefully.
i have a track pump and a helmet :)
what else do i need straight away ?
my thoughts are peddles and mudguards. Any reccomendations ?
Whats the advantage of tubeless ? with a tube in i can fix it easily ?
lots of tools available in the shed but no bike specific and plenty of mechanical skills and knowledge but again not on pedal bikes.

Thanks

Roger

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Hi all
another newbie here.new stillus arriving tomorrow hopefully.
i have a track pump and a helmet :)
what else do i need straight away ?
my thoughts are peddles and mudguards. Any reccomendations ?
Whats the advantage of tubeless ? with a tube in i can fix it easily ?
lots of tools available in the shed but no bike specific and plenty of mechanical skills and knowledge but again not on pedal bikes.

Thanks

Roger
More new blood ?, welcome to a great forum.
Flat pedals are my preference and I go for the old classic DMR V8s as they are strong, reliable and at the cheaper end these days. Mudguards, I am unsure, but will probably go for a mudhugger model at some point when the weather gets rough.
Tubeless just allows you to run lower psi and saves a bit of weight while letting you get home with a few smaller punctures from thorns etc. The tyres are tough to remove and doing this on the trail is a last resort. They look like they don't lend themselves to the set up/fluid but I may have a go tomorrow as I'm not busy. You will notice the difference when riding, I was surprised tbh.
Check out the earlier posts on brakes as these have been a topic of conversation but I think we have, between us, sorted the feel and effectiveness of these.
Only other thing you need is some muscle relaxant cream to apply to your cheeks as they will hurt with all the grinning you'll be doing. Have fun ?.

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
Ninja Stealth Pigin Rides once more ?

Picked mine up from the store today, I’d hatched a cunning plan but thanks to a NDA I am unable to tell you about It ??‍♂️

Anyhow I’ve been on a quick shake down run and my face is aching as I can’t stop smiling.
To put things in perspective I’m 57 and been riding bike since I was a kid. Five years ago I gave it up and sold my acoustic Scott Genius full susser. In it’s day it was a very middle of the road that I used for road commuting and weekend mud plugging. Spring fork and air shock.

So that’s where I will review the Stilus from.

I went for XL as I am six feet tall and in normal ish proportion. I am not a fan of the stretched out style unless I’m on a road bike so the more upright position ok and doesnt feel small or cramped. I’m even happy with the bar width, but I will bow to Rob’s experience on that one. It will take me sometime to tune in to the dimensions and proportions but there is nothing glaring to me. I can imagine how taller riders will a little hemmed in but pushing the seat back (leg alignment permitting) and or a longer stem will obviously help. Small alterations that we should be willing to make on any bike.

The front fork feels okay, not massively plush but certainly better than what I came from. I will spend time dialing in it as I’m just using recommend pressure and given I won’t be doing any big drops just yet I will run it a little leaner perhaps.

The rear shock seems to handle the weight well and again no real issues.

I have yet to put it through anything whereby I can comment on handling but on the gentle stuff it feels safe and planted. I have never been a fan of twitchy bikes and there was been no surprises with what little I have done.

So for those like me who are going into this as a first e bike I believe that this bike is more than enough for you to start off with. Using my basic physics and maths I can tell you that Ecco mode at 40%, is the level of extra assistance you would need between moving a 15kg acoustic and a 25kg ebike over a 1m height. In the other modes you are simply cheating and it feels bloody marvellous.

So I don’t have any hesitation in recommending the bike at its price point. Yes there are a couple very basic items I will swap out (pedals, grips and tyres) but I think it’s brilliant; good luck trying to get one ?

Johnny rider

Jun 28, 2020
Coventry uk
Ninja Stealth Pigin Rides once more ?

Picked mine up from the store today, I’d hatched a cunning plan but thanks to a NDA I am unable to tell you about It ??‍♂️

Anyhow I’ve been on a quick shake down run and my face is aching as I can’t stop smiling.
To put things in perspective I’m 57 and been riding bike since I was a kid. Five years ago I gave it up and sold my acoustic Scott Genius full susser. In it’s day it was a very middle of the road that I used for road commuting and weekend mud plugging. Spring fork and air shock.

So that’s where I will review the Stilus from.

I went for XL as I am six feet tall and in normal ish proportion. I am not a fan of the stretched out style unless I’m on a road bike so the more upright position ok and doesnt feel small or cramped. I’m even happy with the bar width, but I will bow to Rob’s experience on that one. It will take me sometime to tune in to the dimensions and proportions but there is nothing glaring to me. I can imagine how taller riders will a little hemmed in but pushing the seat back (leg alignment permitting) and or a longer stem will obviously help. Small alterations that we should be willing to make on any bike.

The front fork feels okay, not massively plush but certainly better than what I came from. I will spend time dialing in it as I’m just using recommend pressure and given I won’t be doing any big drops just yet I will run it a little leaner perhaps.

The rear shock seems to handle the weight well and again no real issues.

I have yet to put it through anything whereby I can comment on handling but on the gentle stuff it feels safe and planted. I have never been a fan of twitchy bikes and there was been no surprises with what little I have done.

So for those like me who are going into this as a first e bike I believe that this bike is more than enough for you to start off with. Using my basic physics and maths I can tell you that Ecco mode at 40%, is the level of extra assistance you would need between moving a 15kg acoustic and a 25kg ebike over a 1m height. In the other modes you are simply cheating and it feels bloody marvellous.

So I don’t have any hesitation in recommending the bike at its price point. Yes there are a couple very basic items I will swap out (pedals, grips and tyres) but I think it’s brilliant; good luck trying to get one ?
Nice one buddy

Drsooty

Jul 10, 2020
Lancashire
Got out for 15 miles this evening. So much fun going up hills, it is ridiculous. Love the bike.

Bit concerned though, when I got back and took the battery out to charge, it seemed like there was some grit/mud entering at the top of the "slider" on the battery cover and a little bit of moisture in the battery cavity which I dried off.

It was quite muddy out, some light rain with a few small puddles but I was careful to avoid them when I could or go very slowly. Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice?

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
So I had a good ride on Robs Stilus today and got a good idea of it. Firstly...Wow, I mean, what a bike.

So It's had a few upgrades since Rob's review:

29er at the front and Pirelli Scorpion Tyre.
160mm RockShox Pike Ultimate Fork with 2.1 damper (Price has been hiked since Rob bought it)
Ergon SME Seat

Rob's upgrades in the video:

Renthal 800m Bars
Tubeless
Ergon Grips

First jumped on the bike and as mentioned I found the reach a little cramped, only as I am used to more on my bike. Within 20 mins I was used to it and it didn't feel cramped at all in XL (6ft2in/188cm). I think a simple stem upgrade could fix this but to be honest, at the end of the day I didn't want to change a single thing. I'm just used to my own bike.

First trail was a steep, windey & chutey one and instantly the steering felt super direct, if a little twitchy. The Stock rear tyre offers little braking grip but this was actually quite fun paired with the super grip at the front. Within 2 more trails I was totally used to the handling and feel of the bike. The twitchy feel was simply I wasn't used to 800 bars and the geo. I actually loved the handling in the end. I mean really loved it.

As mentioned the geometry doesn't seem to make sense, but boy is it fun. Like the most fun I have had on a bike. It gave me the confidence at speed and downhill like that the YT Decoy 29er gave me. The slacker head angle with the 29er/27.5 means this is super stable when it gets steep, even if the reach seems quite far forward. On paper this shouldn't work, but it does. When you get up to speed it's like a stable nimble surgical knife you can turn on a sixpence.

The bike makes the trail come alive. The mullet setup is the perfect for this bike and is obviously what it is screaming out for. Never have I had a back end that pops into the air like this bike. On a fast flowing trail with the low bottom bracket the steering is razor sharp and I learned to trust the bike very quickly. Even with a low BB I didn't have any pedal strikes like I did on the YT. It feels like a Ferrari and so easy to get into the flow with. You literally only have to think your way around corners. By the end of the day I was railing berms better than I ever have before, and popping every feature with complete confidence in the bikes handling. With the Mullet set up the back end feels alive and active. Despite the crap rear tyre, it actually made it very fun having it slide around into corners but not sure I would leave it that way. I found the Guide RE Brakes fine. There are better ones out there but I didn't feel like it needed it more, an upgrade would be a nice to have not a need to have. The dropper (for me) needs to be larger, again nice to have not a necessity. I know what I like and I prefer a slammed seat so for me it needs a 150mm dropper. I found the seat got in the way a bit. Again, I got used to this quickly.

The rear shock is perfectly plush and adequate, any upgrade would be a marginal gain.

If this is your first eBike or just getting into it. I wouldn't say you need any of the upgrades mentioned. Maybe Tubeless as the sidewalls are super thin, and I've got more punctures in my life on canal paths than I ever did on trails. Tubless will mitigate that. We got no punctures over the day.

The Stock 35 front fork is good for many, in fact most. However, with the Pike it was simply sublime paired to the 29er. So plush and supple low bump sensitivity as with all RockShox is awesome. I blasted this down a steep section and had complete confidence. It really made me smile. I am actually leaning more towards RockShox now over Fox.

If you're a taller rider the 800m bars are a must and obviously, seat and grips are personal preference. Tyres if you're going to ride decent trails I would defo change for DHF Minions or the Pirellis. I found the nongrippy rear tyre actually made me think about correct braking technique, and it was super fun having the back end slide around. At one point it fishtailed into the corner but was so fun, I just dug into the trail and railed out. A Minion SS on the rear may be fun as well in these summer conditions if you want something different.

The seat out of the box is a razor blade, but again you may find it fine.

So if you want to turn this into a perfect trail bike, possibly one of the best I have ridden, certainly a direct competitor to any of the big brands and any bike in the £4-8k range, drop another £4-700 on it and it performs as well if not better than a bike double the price and beyond and I don't say that lightly. Even if you do drop that money it's still below the next best value the Cube Stereo 170mm, which I'll be honest I found a bit meh..The slacker head angle makes this feel like a Trail and an Enduro bike. You get all the stability of an Enduro bike but all the fun/poppiness of a Trail bike.

I cannot recommend this bike highly enough. Even at £4k out the box, it would still be a great value bike.

So Rob bought the bike out of his own money, Decathlon didn't do any paid partnership and this totally for your info. This isn't in any way a paid promotion, it's simply an amazing bike at whatever price you put on it. Chatting to Rob, I think he is going to keep it as a stablemate to the SL and bling it out to the max so watch this space!!

The fact that it is £2700 astounds me. There are plenty of Decathlon stores in the UK and you can return it within 12 months for a full refund, no questions asked. Edit: Frame has a lifetime warranty. Much like Wal-Mart. New motor software upgrade is also going to change the whole experience for the better. It's so exciting to see this open up the sport to more people.

Believe me, I tried to find fault with the bike. I couldn't. In fact quite the opposite. It was quite possibly (in the config Rob has) one of the best handling/fun bikes I've ever ridden. The great thing is you can add as you go and even if you splurge a whole bunch of cash on this, you're probably still probably below the cost of many of the other brands, and you have a dream build to your spec. The frame/motor is a ripper.

To me, there are two bikes that stand out in 2020. This and the Levo SL. If you can get hold of one, I wholeheartedly recommend it. I can't wait to get out on it again.

Last edited:

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
I had the same, sealant coming out of pinprick holes around the sidewalls. swapped straight to my E-Wilds, no more problems.
The SmartSams may seal eventually as they did for @PhilBaker but I was always going to go for bigger grip anyway.
I use Gorillatape Handy Roll (25mm). Good luck (y)

note:- After sloshing sealant around the SmartSams and getting the pinprick leaks I chucked then in the corner of the garage. I now see the sealant has dried to a shiny film, could be a good base for trying again? Did take about a week to dry though ?
Cheers gorilla tape it is then, would you try to remove the old stuff or just tape over it.. It seams well stuck down with the odd pin prick on it.

Idaho

Jun 22, 2020
Glasgow
And mine has finally been shipped!!!! Yaaaaaass!

Now fingers crossed it'll arrive in good conditions, have it delivered in store so I count on them to do the job (bleeding the brakes, make sure it's the correct size ;) etc...) prior to me picking it up.

Excellent feedback @TheBikePilot , my plan was to upgrade these parts too, and now I'm even more excited. Seems like we all put our money into 2020's winner here!

(oh and that saddle I had ordered on the 1st of July? Well, it went to the "in preparation" stage, back in the "processing" one, and 16 days later got cancelled. email -generic- says they don't have stock while customer support told me it was on its way from their international warehouse, and as usual, website has been showing some stock during these 16 days... Oh Decathlon... :ROFLMAO: )

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
And mine has finally been shipped!!!! Yaaaaaass!

Now fingers crossed it'll arrive in good conditions, have it delivered in store so I count on them to do the job (bleeding the brakes, make sure it's the correct size ;) etc...) prior to me picking it up.

Excellent feedback @TheBikePilot , my plan was to upgrade these parts too, and now I'm even more excited. Seems like we all put our money into 2020's winner here!

(oh and that saddle I had ordered on the 1st of July? Well, it went to the "in preparation" stage, back in the "processing" one, and 16 days later got cancelled. email -generic- says they don't have stock while customer support told me it was on its way from their international warehouse, and as usual, website has been showing some stock during these 16 days... Oh Decathlon... :ROFLMAO: )

Hahaha..

Mate your gonna love it. Those brakes will need a 'regular' bleed, so if you can learn how to do that and get the kit..

Just get an Ergon SME dude. Best saddle I've had, and I've sat on a few...Easy but fiddly change yourself..!!

Let us know how you get on :)

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
So I had a good ride on Robs Stilus today and got a good idea of it. Firstly...Wow, I mean, what a bike.

So It's had a few upgrades since Rob's review:

29er at the front and Pirelli Scorpion Tyre.
160mm RockShox Pike Ultimate Fork with 2.1 damper
Ergon SME Seat

Rob's upgrades in the video:

Renthal 800m Bars
Tubeless
Ergon Grips

First jumped on the bike and as mentioned I found the reach a little cramped, only as I am used to more on my bike. Within 20 mins I was used to it and it didn't feel cramped at all in XL (6ft2in/188cm). I think a simple stem upgrade could fix this but to be honest, at the end of the day I didn't want to change a single thing. I'm just used to my own bike.

First trail was a steep, windey & chutey one and instantly the steering felt super direct, if a little twitchy. The Stock rear tyre offers little braking grip but this was actually quite fun paired with the super grip at the front. Within 2 more trails I was totally used to the handling and feel of the bike. The twitchy feel was simply I wasn't used to 800 bars and the geo. I actually loved the handling in the end. I mean really loved it.

As mentioned the geometry doesn't seem to make sense, but boy is it fun. Like the most fun I have had on a bike. It gave me the confidence at speed and downhill like that the YT Decoy 29er gave me. The slack head angle with the 29er/27.5 means this is super stable when it gets steep, even if the reach seems quite far forward. On paper this shouldn't work, but it does. When you get up to speed it's like a stable nimble surgical knife you can turn on a sixpence.

The bike makes the trail come alive. The mullet setup is the perfect for this bike and is obviously what it is screaming out for. Never have I had a back end that pops into the air like this bike. On a fast flowing trail with the low bottom bracket the steering is razor sharp and I learned to trust the bike very quickly. Even with a low BB I didn't have any pedal strikes like I did on the YT. It feels like a Ferrari and so easy to get into the flow with. You literally only have to think your way around corners. By the end of the day I was railing berms better than I ever have before, and popping every feature with complete confidence in the bikes handling. With the Mullet set up the back end feels alive and active. Despite the crap rear tyre, it actually made it very fun having it slide around into corners but not sure I would leave it that way. I found the Guide RE Brakes fine. There are better ones out there but I didn't feel like it needed it more, an upgrade would be a nice to have not a need to have. The dropper (for me) needs to be larger, again nice to have not a necessity. I know what I like and I prefer a slammed seat so for me it needs a 150mm dropper. I found the seat got in the way a bit. Again, I got used to this quickly.

The rear shock is perfectly plush and adequate, any upgrade would be a marginal gain.

If this is your first eBike or just getting into it. I wouldn't say you need any of the upgrades mentioned. Maybe Tubeless as the sidewalls are super thin, and I've got more punctures in my life on canal paths than I ever did on trails. Tubless will mitigate that. We got no punctures over the day.

The Stock 35 front fork is good for many, in fact most. However, with the Pike it was simply sublime paired to the 29er. So plush and supple low bump sensitivity as with all RockShox is awesome. I blasted this down a steep section and had complete confidence. It really made me smile. I am actually leaning more towards RockShox now over Fox.

If you're a taller rider the 800m bars are a must and obviously, seat and grips are personal preference. Tyres if you're going to ride decent trails I would defo change for DHF Minions or the Pirellis. I found the nongrippy rear tyre actually made me think about correct braking technique, and it was super fun having the back end slide around. At one point it fishtailed into the corner but was so fun, I just dug into the trail and railed out. A Minion SS on the rear may be fun as well in these summer conditions if you want something different.

The seat out of the box is a razor blade, but again you may find it fine.

So if you want to turn this into a perfect trail bike, possibly one of the best I have ridden, certainly a direct competitor to any of the big brands and any bike in the £4-8k range, drop another £4-700 on it and it performs as well if not better than a bike double the price and beyond and I don't say that lightly. Even if you do drop that money it's still below the next best value the Cube Stereo 170mm, which I'll be honest I found a bit meh..The slacker head angle makes this feel like a Trail and an Enduro bike. You get all the stability of an Enduro bike but all the fun/poppiness of a Trail bike.

I cannot recommend this bike highly enough. Even at £4k out the box, it would still be a great value bike.

So Rob bought the bike out of his own money, Decathlon didn't do any paid partnership and this totally for your info. This isn't in any way a paid promotion, it's simply an amazing bike at whatever price you put on it. Chatting to Rob, I think he is going to keep it as a stablemate to the SL and bling it out to the max so watch this space!!

The fact that it is £2700 astounds me. There are plenty of Decathlon stores in the UK and you can return it within 12 months for a full refund, no questions asked. Much like Wal-Mart. New motor upgrade is also going to change the whole experience for the better. It's so exciting to see this open up the sport to more people.

Believe me, I tried to find fault with the bike. I couldn't. In fact quite the opposite. It was quite possibly (in the config Rob has) one of the best handling/fun bikes I've ever ridden. The great thing is you can add as you go and even if you splurge a whole bunch of cash on this, you're probably still probably below the cost of many of the other brands, and you have a dream build to your spec. The frame/motor is a ripper.

To me, there are two bikes that stand out in 2020. This and the Levo SL. If you can get hold of one, I wholeheartedly recommend it. I can't wait to get out on it again.
Great to here this ..
So me - Levo SL custom build (better than an S-Works )

Missis - Decathlon Stilus (ordered a large) she has Lyrik ultimates to put on it , her own hope fortus 35 650b wheels with 2.8 tyres rear nobby nic and front magic Mary . May invest in a font 29er wheel for her . Has her handlebars and stem , may change the brakes to hope (she wants these) will get her some hope cranks . She can’t wait . Let’s hope it arrives and in one piece. I can’t wait to have a go myself even though Im in love my SL .. she’s goon to actually take over me on climbs rather than me waiting for her at the top when we had analogue bikes . Can’t wait to see that smile on her face .

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Great to here this ..
So me - Levo SL custom build (better than an S-Works )

Missis - Decathlon Stilus (ordered a large) she has Lyrik ultimates to put on it , her own hope fortus 35 650b wheels with 2.8 tyres rear nobby nic and front magic Mary . May invest in a font 29er wheel for her . Has her handlebars and stem , may change the brakes to hope (she wants these) will get her some hope cranks . She can’t wait . Let’s hope it arrives and in one piece. I can’t wait to have a go myself even though Im in love my SL .. she’s goon to actually take over me on climbs rather than me waiting for her at the top when we had analogue bikes . Can’t wait to see that smile on her face .

Mate, honestly, if you can Mullet it...

I love the fact these things bring everyone together...

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
Cheers gorilla tape it is then, would you try to remove the old stuff or just tape over it.. It seams well stuck down with the odd pin prick on it.
I carefully pulled the existing stuff and then gorilla taped, then put the original back over. This was on my old bike and no probs seen. Probably overkill and pointless but I am a belt and braces kind of meddler.

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
So, it’s the best bike ever as long as you throw a £7-800 quid fork on it, and invest in a 29” wheel and tyre?

Doesn’t that make it a £3.6k bike?

Stay with me here, so how does it compare in modified trim versus other £3.6k bikes?

I think the beauty of this bike is it’s remarkable value at £2.7k, and a good base to upgrade on when stuff wears out.

Timmoh

May 18, 2020
Wales
So, it’s the best bike ever as long as you throw a £7-800 quid fork on it, and invest in a 29” wheel and tyre?

Stay with me here, so how does it compare in modified trim versus other £3.6k bikes?

I think the beauty of this bike is it’s remarkable value at £2.7k, and a good base to upgrade on when stuff wears out.
That is a good point. I think if we take the original Rob video with all the positive comments as a base, for most of us that's going to justify our choice and give us confidence.
I can appreciate that this Stilus thread will now grow and grow, and I think it will be good to have that support (free R and D in effect) to see what can be done with the bike just out of interest (or for when I win the lottery ?).

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands

But if you already had the parts it’s a win win .
Also think Rob already had the parts too .

you can pick up a pair of 2020 Lyrik ultimates for £600 or less and then stick the 2021 air shaft in and you’ve then got 2021 forks for £640+plus labour . Not bad for the best fork in it’s class ..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles