Dead levo

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
I washed my bike today, well I say washed!!. Never been so carful not to get the TCU wet or the battery terminal. I think it’s crazy you have to be so delicate with these bikes, I mean it’s like being scared to put your car through a car wash.

I ended up wrapping a tea towel around the top tube covering the TCU, giving the bike a light hose piping avoiding hotspots.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Alas the 2020 Levo Expert is no more
Over the last 3 weeks, intermittent power. Battery harness cable replaced with the version 3 cable. Powers on, rides, wash gently. Afterwards no power. Remove the Rosenberg connect and replace and the TCU powers on itself :). Back to the LBS, Replace battery. No change, Test cable. Fine. Replaced TCU and the auto power on when the Rosenberg connects stops happening and powers on as expected

Or it did in the Bike store

When i got it home....no power, Remove cable from battery and reconnect - it automatically powers the bike on again.

A rel shame because when this bike is out on the trail, it rocks. But i simply don't trust and not prepared to travel to trail centres to find it wont power on.

So Spesh and the Bike Store (who have both offered first class service throughout) have agreed to replace the bike. I've lost confidence in
e-bikes following a disastrous Kenevo previously, so back to hard pedalling on an Enduro Expert. That way when (if) i get to Les Arcs this year i'll have a bike i can trust

A real shame as i love the bike - when it has power :)
Not so good I had issues with water all ok now since Xmas got motor cable replaced. As you say great bike on trail but need reliability, I intend to do some pretty remote routes after lock down finished but don't fancy walking out 20 miles with a dead motor.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I washed my bike today, well I say washed!!. Never been so carful not to get the TCU wet or the battery terminal. I think it’s crazy you have to be so delicate with these bikes, I mean it’s like being scared to put your car through a car wash.

I ended up wrapping a tea towel around the top tube covering the TCU, giving the bike a light hose piping avoiding hotspots.
I put vaseĺine round cable holes surprised what gets in everywhere. I am more careful but I get away with a light hose down.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles