Levo SL Gen 1 Customer Service Frustration

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
I have a 2020 SL Expert Carbon, in May we found that the swingarm was broken (not from a wreck). My dealer submitted the claim which was accepted and Specialized told them it would take four weeks. I was ok with a four week wait at the height of riding season, but it's now going into the seventh week and nothing from Specialized. Summer is burning by and I don't have my bike. I have several bikes, but this is the one I ride the most, so it has been particularly frustrating. Also, having purchased seven Specialized bikes (including an Sworks Levo) in the last four years, I'm feeling a tad entitled. My dealer is coming up empty, and there is no one to talk to at Specialized US. Any ideas or experiences that might help me get back out there? I'm trying to decide if I need to start flaming Specialized on social media, just to encourage someone to deal with it more expeditiously. Thanks!

DreamensioN

Aug 9, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
Unfortunately the pandemic has crushed supply chains. Not related to bicycles, but I'm on my 11th week of waiting for a battery part for my Volvo XC40 EV. All over the world shipping and supply chains are back logged and waitlists for parts (for everything) are just getting longer.

Still though - that doesn't excuse the lack of communication you are experiencing. I don't think flaming them would achieve anything - but you can ask for transparency and an update on what the hold up is. Did someone just drop the ball and lost your part order? Or is it item #60000 on a list of parts that still needs to be shipped etc.

I think we all understand the issues that are affecting things at the moment - but it's important for companies just to keep up communications. Customers are much more understanding if they know the reasons why.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Unfortunately the pandemic has crushed supply chains.
I'd be more inclined to think, being skeptical, that it is probably more of a business related decision. Hold the sale of another bike while they're selling like hotcakes so as to keep an owner happy, or sell another ebike and supply the swingarm when it doesn't mean missing out on another ebike sale.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles