Levo Gen 3 Custom Rx Trail Tuned motor vs Full Power motor - 2022 Levo

Garybee

Feb 4, 2022
Vancouver BC
I am thinking of buying a 2022 Levo Comp Carbon. It is specified with a "Custom Rx Trail Tuned Motor" which is different from most other models. Is there really a difference? Below is a chart I made with specifications taken from the U.S. website.

Levo.jpg

Last edited:

RAYDAHS

Dec 4, 2021
USA
Gary, I am in the same boat as you....I am contemplating the Turbo Levo Expert, Turbo Levo Comp Carbon and threw in the base Turbo Levo Carbon...these are the US sale items.

I noticed the same as you, then decided to make a spreadsheet for visual comparison, much to my surprise the chainrings are different for the Turbo Levo Expert, Turbo Levo Comp Carbon. So I called rider care and asked why, along with the motor question.

I was told, they're the same motors and probably a typo due to a model year change marketing supporting document?
As for the difference in the chainrings...supply chain issue, no technical reason according to them.

In case anyone else is pondering the sale bikes..
1674674026835.png

upperoso

Nov 5, 2022
USA
There motor descriptions are perhaps misleading. Guessing the same motor and tune for all Turbo Levos. Across the globe, the descriptions are inconsistent.

USA:
https://www . specialized . com/us/en/turbo-levo-comp-carbon/p/216806?color=349650-216806

Click on "Read More" to see
Code:
It starts with our Turbo Full Power 2.2 motor
and Turbo Connect Unit (TCU), which provide Levo
with a smooth and seamless amplification of your
 efforts—...

And, of course, note that "* Specifications are subject to change without notice"

The chainring size is amusing. 32T vs. 34T. Looks arbitrary.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles