Levo Gen 2 Fox DPX2 custom Tune for Turbo Levo!

Jan 2, 2021
South Wales
Hey!

I have recently purchased a Fox Factory DPX2 which is in excellent condition and just serviced by myself, my issue is the 'custom tune - DXBQ' is for a Nukeproof Reactor 275 (210x55) and I ride a 2020 Turbo Levo. I believe the Levo would have it's own tune from the factory, so would it be possible and cost effective to re-tune this shock for my Levo?

Cheers 🍻

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
I wouldn't of thought the two different tunes will be that different, I'd just tune it yourself and see how it feels, more air less air , more tokens less tokens etc
It's a pretty tunable shock being a factory version 🤟🤟

Jan 2, 2021
South Wales
I wouldn't of thought the two different tunes will be that different, I'd just tune it yourself and see how it feels, more air less air , more tokens less tokens etc
It's a pretty tunable shock being a factory version 🤟🤟
I've ordered some volume tokens because the shock only has a 0.2 fitted and I'll need at least 0.6 or 0.86, I'll give that a go first and see how it goes 👍🏼

This is the tune but what is CL, LRL and Rezi A F F?

Screenshot_20230307_001117_Samsung Internet.jpg

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
CL means it comes with a light compression tune (CM would be medium, CF firm)
LRL I assume is a light low speed rebound tune.
Rezi A F F is the resevoir base valve assembly.

You might find that this is too light for what you want. To change the tune you will need to re-valve the shock.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2021
South Wales
CL means it comes with a light compression tune (CM would be medium etc)
LRL I assume is a light low speed rebound tune.
Rezi A F F is the resevoir base valve assembly.

You might find that this is too light for what you want. To change the tune you will need to re-valve the shock.
Nice one, I just found this info on RideFox:

Valve Stack Assemblies

805-05-361-KITValve Stack Assy: 2018 Float DPX2, Linear Rebound Light, LRL

I'm pretty handy but this would be a step too far for me to tune lol, LRF 805-05-363-KIT LRM 805-05-362-KIT

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
Yeah it's a job I've always left for the pro's. It doesn't look too overly complicated but I'd want to be trying out on a knackered shock first. Some pretty good info here if you want to learn more about it:

Jan 2, 2021
South Wales
Yeah it's a job I've always left for the pro's. It doesn't look too overly complicated but I'd want to be trying out on a knackered shock first. Some pretty good info here if you want to learn more about it:

Ye cheers I just watched that also, this could be a job for TF Tuned me thinks.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
The DPX2 has a full set of external rebound and compression adjustments so I would leave the shock tune as it is provided you are no more than 80/85kg. A lot of brands tune their suspension too stiff in my opinion but more and more now seem to be going with a lighter tune especialy when the shock has good external adjustment options. The lighter the base tune the more likely it is you can get the back end to track the ground properly. The only proviso is that you can set up the shock such that it is not bottoming out and that does depend to an extend on the progression curve of the any bikes rear suspension set up. The 2020 Levo is pretty linear so I reckon you will be a ble to use the external adjustments to get a plush yet progressive curve as it is. The bike it came off was designed for more Enduro type riding than the 2020 Levo after all.

Jan 2, 2021
South Wales
The DPX2 has a full set of external rebound and compression adjustments so I would leave the shock tune as it is provided you are no more than 80/85kg. A lot of brands tune their suspension too stiff in my opinion but more and more now seem to be going with a lighter tune especialy when the shock has good external adjustment options. The lighter the base tune the more likely it is you can get the back end to track the ground properly. The only proviso is that you can set up the shock such that it is not bottoming out and that does depend to an extend on the progression curve of the any bikes rear suspension set up. The 2020 Levo is pretty linear so I reckon you will be a ble to use the external adjustments to get a plush yet progressive curve as it is. The bike it came off was designed for more Enduro type riding than the 2020 Levo after all.
Thanks for the info and knowledge 👌🏼 I will definitely give the shock a chance as it is and spend some time working on the adjustments. With a larger volume token I'm sure I can figure out a tune to suit me without needeing to strip it down and mess with stacks. I mainly ride Trail/Enduro anyway and very rarely do any big jumps. I will persevere 👍🏼

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles