Custom battery cover

Etch1

Jul 5, 2019
Manchester
Always liked the look of the thok mig battery cover so I bought one and customised it to fit ..... fits well although did need some “ bodywork “ to get the bottom and top profile right .im happy with the look although think it may look better matt black to match invisframe ?
15EA346F-30E1-4071-B309-0CEF15A4918B.jpeg
C6DB0A32-F170-4365-A47C-2A7D61C0EE88.jpeg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Why?
What's the point in it I mean?

That little guard you have on the rear just now is sheltering the upper rocker/pivots but it's also channelling spray straight into the lower pivot/shock mount.
If you mount an RRP Proguard long on the rear seatstays it'll actually keep shit/spray off your lower pivot/shock/shockmount all the way up to your dropper seal head.
makes cleaning the bike so much quicker and means there's way less need to spray water anywhere near the back/top of the motor casing.

Etch1

Jul 5, 2019
Manchester
Why?

That little guard you have on the rear just now is sheltering the upper rocker/pivots but it's also channelling spray straight into the lower pivot/shock mount.
If you mount an RRP Proguard long on the rear seatstays it'll actually keep shit/spray off your lower pivot/shock/shockmount all the way up to your dropper seal head.
makes cleaning the bike so much quicker and means there's way less need to spray water anywhere near the back/top of the motor casing.
Hi Gary
I just liked the aesthetics of the thok battery cover , and I always thought that the little guard below the battery on the vitus looked like just something to fill the gap , but purely personal taste.

Etch1

Jul 5, 2019
Manchester
Ah. ok. fair enough.

trust me on the mudguard though.
Yep understand what your saying about the mudguard, I had a small one on the front and only replaced it with a pro guard when it ripped off when I took a tumble , sure I will soon rip the rear one off ?

Ginsterdrz

Jun 14, 2019
Lancashire
Why?

Hi Gary, would you go Proguard long (Max Pro) on both ends of a Vitus E-S VR ???

RocketMagnet

Dec 16, 2018
UK
I've personally found the RRP Rear and Front Pro mudguards to be excellent.. I got the Max for the front and it prevents mud in the face though I've heard the Crud XL is great also.

The guard you have on is for underslung battery designs when a designer makes the "mistake" of placing the battery under the downtube :) Not sure it adds anything other than worse thermals in hot weather and harder to clean... but if you like it and it's not causing any issues in hot weather and your happy then that's what matters.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles