Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 Race purchase concern

victor.vuicin

Mar 8, 2022
Romania
Hey guys,

I'm about to purchase a second hand Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 Race with a Bosch Gen 4, 625W battery and a Kiox Display. The current owner has no papers and never connected the bike to the mobile app.
I'm concerned about purchasing it and having the bike locked when connecting it to the app for updates and such.
Can these bikes be locked remotely or locked automatically when connected to the app in case the bike was previously stolen or something like that?

Thank you

leix_toffee

Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
There has a lock function but it was chargeable from Bosch and needed it to be connected to the app to enable it - please see here Bosch eBike Lock I never bothered as the bike will not work without the Kiox anyway. Did you ask where he bought it from? I am sure you could then check with the shop possibly

victor.vuicin

Mar 8, 2022
Romania
There has a lock function but it was chargeable from Bosch and needed it to be connected to the app to enable it - please see here Bosch eBike Lock I never bothered as the bike will not work without the Kiox anyway. Did you ask where he bought it from? I am sure you could then check with the shop possibly

He bought it from someone else... I don't think I can trace the initial purchase or the owner before this one...

leix_toffee

Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
Yes, as it only works with a phone via Bluetooth. Cannot be done remotely. And most likely the feature is not even enabled.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles