Cube Stereo 140TM 27.5 Experience.

chrisbarnes

Aug 2, 2022
Netherlands
Hi, I was really considering the 2022 Stereo 160TM in Medium however noticed that the reach might be quite large for me as I am a skinny 168cm. I really do not like the design of the Small 160.

Does anyone have any experience with the 2022 Small 140TM with the 27.5 wheels and 625 battery? I can't find any reviews for it and I'm a bit worried as it's actually quite a different bike to the Medium and up's.

I mainly do trial riding so perhaps the fox 36 on the 140 suits me better than the 160 anyway.

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
This is a link to Cube product page for the 2022 160TM

For the medium and up, you get the latest frame shape along with the 750Wh battery and Boschs new Smart system (Kiox 300)

For the small frame you essentially get the 2021 version of the bike (frame is the same as the 2020) in a different colour, so 625Wh battery and the previous Kiox display.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Show Bike button for the full spec

chrisbarnes

Aug 2, 2022
Netherlands
Hi, Thanks for your reply.

I am not sure if you fully understood my question though. I am talking about the 140 in small, not the 160. the 140 looks like it has a very different frame to the 2021 version. I am aware it has a smaller battery and an older display but there is not much I can do if the M is saying it's too big for me, so was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Small or if the M 160 comes out smaller then other brands.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
I was under the impression the small version of both the 160 & 140 were basically the 2021 model frame and components, just with a 2022 paint job.
It really would be worth trying a 140 in medium (doesn't matter if it's SL,TM, AT etc) to see what the fit is like.
If the medium is a good fit it's a better bike than the small.... But fit is everything!

chrisbarnes

Aug 2, 2022
Netherlands
I am comparing this

CUBE PRODUCT ARCHIVE | CUBE Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC TM 625 flashgrey´n´orange

to this

Does it look like there is less of a kink in the top tube of the 2022? I may be being misled by photography though.. The electronics are defo the same but I am not too bothered about not having the smart bosch vs a better-fitting bike.

I think I am going to take the long drive to a shop to try out the M this weekend. Perhaps it is worth it if the frames really are the same.

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
You're going to have to see it in the flesh, I was under the impression all the small frames were the same shape as the 2021 models as they only have the 625 battery and don't have the smart system.

chrisbarnes

Aug 2, 2022
Netherlands
You're going to have to see it in the flesh, I was under the impression all the small frames were the same shape as the 2021 models as they only have the 625 battery and don't have the smart system.

I have just spoken to the bike shop and apparently, it is an updated frame for 2022 on the 140. It has the 625 battery because they believe a lighter rider does not need the 750 and they had problems with the length of the 750 on a small frame. The only reason it doesn't have the smart system is that it is only compatible with the 750 powerpack. I have asked them to send me a picture of the bike anyway.

To try and confirm it I have compared the geo to the 2021 model and almost every number is considerably different. I think I can pretty confidently say they are different now but will come back when I'm 100%!

Winchuff

Sep 16, 2022
Bristol, UK
Hi, I was really considering the 2022 Stereo 160TM in Medium however noticed that the reach might be quite large for me as I am a skinny 168cm. I really do not like the design of the Small 160.

Does anyone have any experience with the 2022 Small 140TM with the 27.5 wheels and 625 battery? I can't find any reviews for it and I'm a bit worried as it's actually quite a different bike to the Medium and up's.

I mainly do trial riding so perhaps the fox 36 on the 140 suits me better than the 160 anyway.
I'm pretty sure the Small will be too small for someone of your height.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles