Cube Hybrid Pro 500 Frame Defects

Newt1116

Oct 12, 2022
Nottingham
Hi. I'm looking for some insight from anyone who owns or has knowledge of the Cube Hybrid Pro 500/625 e-bike or any Cube that uses the same frame.

I purchased a Pro 500 recently and have had to return it under warranty due to it having a small dent in the frame and noticible deviations in the fold lines on the battery section of the frame (see images).

A new frame was ordered and has now finally arrived after nearly 4 weeks but this also has the same issue although a 625 that was in the shop which is the same frame has perfectly parallel fold lines.

I know these frames are hydroformed and it has been suggested by the shop that these deviations are normal but I'm not convinced as they just don't look aesthetically right and are clearly not evident across all the frames I’ve observed of the same design.

I've also contacted Cube direct but they have been less than helpful and just defer if to the shop to resolve.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

B098F65B-DDE1-4DEE-B9FD-45164DE9F896.jpeg 05C498EF-B883-4647-8B59-326750B2A7DF.jpeg 914ACBB3-6DCC-44EA-914E-376BCBE995D5.jpeg

Jag009

Sep 9, 2022
Loch lomond
Nope i would not be happy with that at all , looks like thay have a problem with the die its formed in, or its not been put under enough pressure to force the aluminium in to the die ,either way thats not right ,buts thats only my opinion
hope you get this sorted out

Newt1116

Oct 12, 2022
Nottingham
Nope i would not be happy with that at all , looks like thay have a problem with the die its formed in, or its not been put under enough pressure to force the aluminium in to the die ,either way thats not right ,buts thats only my opinion
hope you get this sorted out
I appreciate your opinion Jag009, it helps to persuade me that I’m not being picky. The shop initially said ‘it’s within tolerance’ but couldn’t tell me what the tolerance was and when I suggested that if their new car had a deviation on the car door line similar to the bike then wouldn’t be happy to which they replied ‘well it’s not a car’!

Jag009

Sep 9, 2022
Loch lomond
I am sure you know ,but just in case you dont get what i am talking about i found a wee vid on youtube explaining it
hope this helps

Jag009

Sep 9, 2022
Loch lomond
I appreciate your opinion Jag009, it helps to persuade me that I’m not being picky. The shop initially said ‘it’s within tolerance’ but couldn’t tell me what the tolerance was and when I suggested that if their new car had a deviation on the car door line similar to the bike then wouldn’t be happy to which they replied ‘well it’s not a car’!
i also had a close look at some of the frames they make and they dont look like that so i would be pushing for a new one , as for the its not a car comment very unprofessional imo

Tony4wd

Subscriber
Aug 3, 2022
Australia
IMHO new items with minor defects should be sold as seconds at a discount, with the defect declared up front so the buyer can choose to accept the defect or not. The shop should offer a full refund or a new/perfect frame or an agreed compensation (eg. a free SRAM AXS GX upgrade kit :) )

Newt1116

Oct 12, 2022
Nottingham
IMHO new items with minor defects should be sold as seconds at a discount, with the defect declared up front so the buyer can choose to accept the defect or not. The shop should offer a full refund or a new/perfect frame or an agreed compensation (eg. a free SRAM AXS GX upgrade kit :) )
Hi Tony, I didn’t notice the defect at first in the shop it was only when I got it home and was looking down on the frame when I took it for a ride. Under warranty Cube have sent a replacement frame but that is as bad so the shop are looking to now take a frame from a built up 625 they have which is fine to replace mine with, but I’m thinking of just getting refund due to the hassle. They have offered a set of mudguards as compo. 🤣

Tony4wd

Subscriber
Aug 3, 2022
Australia
If you're otherwise happy with the bike why not take the good frame from the 625? You'll end up with a perfectly good bike and the Bosch motors and electronics are very good and reliable.

Eliadn

Jul 25, 2022
Croatia
Within tolerance my ass! That looks horrible, I would insist on another frame or full refund. Luckily my Cube didn't have any frame defects. Suggest them to stick the mudguards where sun don't shine for the car comment.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles