Upgrade fork on cube hybrid pro 500

Abroom

Oct 7, 2019
Cyprus
Hi just bought the cube ebike. Very nice but the fron fork is letting it down. Any recommendations on upgrading it would be appreciated.

Greny

Aug 18, 2019
Sw France
Had the same prob with that bike.
Bought a RS judy gold. Light xc fork. Nice for the money.
Easy to adjust with the air valve ??

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
Hi Greny
I have a Cube Reaction as well. Is this a straight forward swap out....do you need any special tools ?
Thanks Giff

Greny

Aug 18, 2019
Sw France
Yep , straight swap. See that you buy a fork with the correct axle. So your wheel fits. You need a tool to remove the crown race off the old fork. And you need a nut setter. Got them here in France from the brand Icetoolz. Together 38€. Hope this helps :)

Welshman

Subscriber
Nov 8, 2018
South wales
its not always a straight swap....even though you may have a tapered head tube, they could well have thrown a straight tube fork on there and adaptor like they did on both me cube acid's

if so you can buy a tapered fork and put in a decent headset, rather than the loose bearing type that was in mine

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
Yep , straight swap. See that you buy a fork with the correct axle. So your wheel fits. You need a tool to remove the crown race off the old fork. And you need a nut setter. Got them here in France from the brand Icetoolz. Together 38€. Hope this helps :)
Thanks Greny
I live between France (34120) and the UK but my bike is in the UK at the moment. I will check out the tools here before we go back.
Thanks Giff

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
Had the same prob with that bike.
Bought a RS judy gold. Light xc fork. Nice for the money.
Easy to adjust with the air valve ??
Hi Greny
I have upgraded to the Judy Golds as well on the same bike. Did you change the calliper spacer? G.

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
Yes it fits and I have been riding with it for a month or so but there is a slight rubbing noise......it could be that the rotor is sllghtly out of true.
The post mount on the old and new fork do look completely different spacing so thought I’d ask. G.

Greny

Aug 18, 2019
Sw France
Yes it fits and I have been riding with it for a month or so but there is a slight rubbing noise......it could be that the rotor is sllghtly out of true.
The post mount on the old and new fork do look completely different spacing so thought I’d ask. G.

Suspend the bike , then see or rotor is out of true . Maybe the mount needs be repositioned :)

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
Suspend the bike , then see or rotor is out of true . Maybe the mount needs be repositioned :)
I have done that and loosed the caliper bolts and applied the brake ti centralise it.....a bit better but still a slight noise. I have seen “universal” post to post spacers and wonder if Cube have their own matched to the original fork?

Greny

Aug 18, 2019
Sw France
I have done that and loosed the caliper bolts and applied the brake ti centralise it.....a bit better but still a slight noise. I have seen “universal” post to post spacers and wonder if Cube have their own matched to the original fork?

Nope , it’s universal. Maybe rotor is not straight anymore... try to see if it’s straight

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
Nope , it’s universal. Maybe rotor is not straight anymore... try to see if it’s straight
Yes will do......but it seems strange that the noise was inly evident after the fork change?

I an not back in the UK until next week so will check then.

Thanks G.

Greny

Aug 18, 2019
Sw France
Yes will do......but it seems strange that the noise was inly evident after the fork change?

I an not back in the UK until next week so will check then.

Thanks G.

Which is normal , after you mount the post , it’s quite fiddling to position it perfect so the rotor doesn’t hit the pads. A lot of light helps to see it well. I always use headlamp when adjusting it ??

PablitoDeRoma

Nov 14, 2020
London
Hey guys what about this jury gold:
Screenshot_20201222-084850_Samsung Internet.jpg

It shows the approval for emtb.

On sram site there ere to gold Judy. The only difference look the support for ebike.

I can't find it anywhere though, all I find is the standard one.
I'm in the UK can someone help me find this variant of the fork?

Thanks

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles