Cube CX powered, hardwork!

pebblebed

Feb 6, 2024
United Kingdom
My wife has just upgraded cube reaction pro 625 and is having issues. The dealer is saying that it is her riding style.
Basically the bike is very hard work the assist will not kick in until she is pedalling at a fast pace.
Background she is waiting for knee replacement so rides sitting down and I have to be careful with this bit! she is a larger lady.
Before this she had a axcess camaruge (cheap import eMTB) but it did her well for 7K miles over 2 years. She has also ridden other hire eMTB' on holiday no problem.
But fundamentally she has now bought a bike that she cannot use. Dealer is being difficult.
Advice sought. Is this expected behaviour of bosch cx powered bike? Or is it faulty
Many Thanks

Last edited:

GDAS

Sep 19, 2018
Surrey, UK
Are you saying that at low cadence there is literally no assistance? If so, that sounds like a fault. Maybe a faulty sensor or something. Does the dealer not have a bike with similar motor for comparison purposes?
If you are saying that at lower cadence, the assistance is less strong, then that is probably true of most ebikes - is it possible that her previous bike, and the hire bike, had more powerful motors? (than the 250Watt nominal maximum for UK ebikes)

Tony4wd

Subscriber
Aug 3, 2022
Australia
If you put the bike in 'Turbo' it should jump forward as soon as you start pressing on the pedals. I was out riding recently with my wife and a friend riding a cube stereo and a Reaction Pro, both CX powered, both in EMTB mode - they both ended up in the bushes caught out by the eagerness of the motor to get going.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Dealer is being difficult.
Advice sought. Is this expected behaviour of bosch cx powered bike? Or is it faulty

I hate to sound like a broken record, but your dealer is a *úç*įñ* idiot. That seems to be the problem with many mountain bikes, regardless of the brand.

This is a silly question, I know, but she's starting off in a low gear, right? Sorry, I had to ask.

Really, that motor is pretty powerful, and will pull from a very low cadence. In fact, it can be set to lurch forward at the slightest pedal movement, making it too spunky for comfortable riding.

Get on the bike and switch the motor through the four modes. Confirm on the display that it is actually switching through the modes. If all seems well, switch it to Turbo mode. With the bike in third gear, take off and run it up through the gears. Are you getting assistance? It should seem almost absurdly powerful at the lower speeds.

If it's not running right, fire up the Flow App on your phone. Look at all the assistance modes. Confirm the they are all set to default. There's a slider for four different functions for each of the modes. I think there's also a button to click to reset everything to default. It's easier to just look at the app and do it than it is to explain it.

If you still think something is wrong, you can see some faults using the Flow App. Look for faults. That might be a clue. There are also faults that are only visible on your dealer's laptop computer. But we've already established that your dealer is an incompetent dįpš*î*.

If there are still problems, try calling Cube or Bosch directly.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
If you put the bike in 'Turbo' it should jump forward as soon as you start pressing on the pedals.

This ^^^

If I'm in TURBO on a very steep slope and have to stop, then after dropping the seat and starting again without reducing the assistance level from TURBO the bike (Bosch CX motor) will try to flip! 😲

Last edited:

Xman

May 13, 2021
Tetbury
Hi
If its the latest smart system using the flow app you can increase the power from a standing start.
I'm 6 ft 16.5 stone using a khatmandu with the cx motor. I upped it one notch in the settings and no hill is a problem .
Go into my bike then custom riding modes and you should see the adjust feature

mrcanns

Feb 4, 2024
Norfolk
Hi, I ride my kathmandu in auto mainly this first thing you notice is the display says shift down, just up the road from home is a 1 in 6 hill about 150m long and it sails up cadence around 60 over 10 mph I'm impressed being as I'm 130kg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles