Cube 2022

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
I can only think of a few reasons, delays with fox 38's or to maximise production that are doing all the 140 first then moving onto 160 and treat them as 2 batches.
not every model is assembled with fox 38´s. Maybe frame prodution in delay.

Hanzzzie

Sep 4, 2021
Belgium
just called LBS again today and SL and Actionteam are still for week 9 so hopefully next week they're gonna be in transit!
if i can chose between the 2 in the same time i'm not sure which to take now :D
any help convincing me from you guys? :p

Choppersquad

Nov 10, 2021
Leatherhead
How bloody annoying for you.
Hope the wait for a new motor isn't too long.
Still very doubtful about 160's starting shipping next week but great if that is the truth. As has already been mentioned, you'd think someone from Cube would have read this and decided to actually try and explain the delay rather than leave it to us to guess.
I'm assuming there are still people waiting for 140's to be delivered?

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
I was told early june from my lbs for the 160sl and mine was a very early order so who knows still no sign of a video or release on youtube so doesnt look imminent.

Stefaan

Sep 24, 2018
Belgium
More tempted by a 140 now. If I'm being brutally honest with my riding, a 160 isn't really needed. But it's a nice to have. What's annoying is that (according to the cube site) there's barely any weight difference between the two. And the price is pretty much the same!
Its easy. Don’t overthink it. 140 is for xc and enduro. 160 is full enduro and way to sloppy for xc. I have the 140 myself i will never need more for the jumps and drops i do. We always think we need more. But that most off the time not the reality.

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
Indeed; now i had the 140 SL for several weeks, coming from only XC acoustics: compared to my current Spark (110mm front) it feels very damped, confortable and more stable. Not really a XC bike (other than for the weight, of course).
I suppose for more extreme enduro the 160 will be better, but i also suppose that some people think they need it when they actually don't. And it's always a trade off: more travel is not always better. I also like 29" wheels more for how and where i ride.

DoubleU

Jan 15, 2022
Cheshire, UK
I did it. 2022 Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 TM is now in my possession. An obligatory pic of it (from the store)

1645391956048.png

It's the first 29er bike I've owned. Feels fairly roomy and I expect it to be quite stable! I feel I've made the right choice now.

I've had it invisiframed and made tubeless. It's ready to go. Of course now the weather here in the UK is awful. Not sure when I'll actually be able to get out properly on it yet. Cheered myself up further however and ordered some new mtb clothing!

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
Nice! And your TM has beefier and better sus than the SL so even though it's not 160 it can do a lot and well!
Have fun and enjoy.

lum

Feb 22, 2022
Katowice, Poland
Hi, I talked with my LBS and got an info the bike (160 sl) will be on March/April, but when I look over internet the most dates are on may or june and not sure if they are up to date. Do any of you already have your 160, or expect to have it soon :D ?

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
As far as i know there are no 160 sl 750 bikes in the country and none even shown on youtube which is usually an indicator tjat bikes are being delivered.
My order was placed in september and the latest was it was due in june.😭😭

Pistonbroke

Jan 10, 2022
Salford, Manchester
Hi, I talked with my LBS and got an info the bike (160 sl) will be on March/April, but when I look over internet the most dates are on may or june and not sure if they are up to date. Do any of you already have your 160, or expect to have it soon :D ?
I was told by my LBS (0n 6th Jan 22) that the bike is due week 13, which is end of March beginning of April, I will be amazed if it actually arrives then, but you never know.

Ntinos

Oct 5, 2020
Athens, Greece
I did it. 2022 Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 TM is now in my possession. An obligatory pic of it (from the store)

View attachment 82552

It's the first 29er bike I've owned. Feels fairly roomy and I expect it to be quite stable! I feel I've made the right choice now.

I've had it invisiframed and made tubeless. It's ready to go. Of course now the weather here in the UK is awful. Not sure when I'll actually be able to get out properly on it yet. Cheered myself up further however and ordered some new mtb clothing!

Congrats, very nice. What size it is ?
Have you weight it ?

DoubleU

Jan 15, 2022
Cheshire, UK
Congrats, very nice. What size it is ?
Have you weight it ?

Thanks - no I haven't weighed it - Cube site says 24.6kg. It's a size large.

I was lucky enough to be able to try both a M and L for size in the store. I'm towards the top end of a medium and at the start of a large. I am 179cm tall. In the end the reach of the large for me felt perfect. I like a larger bike. The dropper post being a 150mm at full extension on the large fits perfect for me when fully inserted into the frame - quite lucky!

DoubleU

Jan 15, 2022
Cheshire, UK
I think you'll be just fine unless you have Mr Tickle arms.

I'm right at the start of a large. Any shops nearby with 140's on you can sit on and try for size? Reach numbers are on the Cube site - bear in mind the 160's all have a slightly larger reach than the 140's. If I had a 160 I'd be on a medium.

Choppersquad

Nov 10, 2021
Leatherhead
Sounds like I got it about right then.
Measured all the geometry on my current bike and if anything it sounded slightly longer on the Cube....if it ever arrives😉.

Sep 25, 2019
UK
Hi guys, in case any of you are looking for a 2022 Cube ebike I'm selling mine - its a Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC, Medium, 29" wheels and 750wh battery. Done less than 40 miles and looking at £4000 - need a quick sale due to unplanned house move.

Check the Bike/Parts for sale section or my advert on Pinkbike.

Cheers

Hanzzzie

Sep 4, 2021
Belgium
seems like imma gonna have a ActionTeam!
Was postponed AGAIN 5weeks further and started calling around, 2nd shop i rang just got one last week so it's already reserved on my name!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles