Cube 2022

Choppersquad

Nov 10, 2021
Leatherhead
Yep, unfortunately I realised that. All the photos are of the Super deluxe which is pretty misleading. There are even photos of the shock on its own which are wrong. Mind you, on the description of the 160TM on ebikeshop it says the forks are Kashima coated which isn’t true either. I think it’s all going to be a bit of a parts lottery when they do start showing up.

andreama85

Mar 8, 2022
Italy
Stereo hybrid 160 tm😉😉

764C677F-2151-47B9-BCB6-E0FDA14DB6BB.jpeg

Marcharry

Mar 14, 2022
England
maybe the range just needs to 'set' a bit? not sure how i can get it more accurate, prolly drain the battery completely when riding or so?
hope to get on a bigger ride on friday/saturday, only could ride for about an hour / hour and a half untill now
I’m on new Bosch 750 system, very disappointed with the range I’m getting. It’s worse than my old Gen 2 with 500kwh battery. Something isn’t quite right

Choppersquad

Nov 10, 2021
Leatherhead
Well that's a bit worrying. How is that possible?
I wonder how everyone else on the 750w battery is finding it? I thought that the bigger the battery the more range you'd get.

Jdub

Jan 10, 2022
Valencia, Spain
I've got the 630 wh on the hybrid 160 and I'm very happy with its range. I can do around 60 km with 1500 m climbing on a full charge. I tend to only ride in the mountains but on flatter ground I did 40 km and had 70% battery remaining. Emtb mode almost exclusively.

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
I'm on a 750Wh battery and find it more than plenty; i normally try to be conservative but i tried an all EMTB mode ride the other day: less than 25% consumed, 20km with almost 600m climbed. And i'm a heavy dude at 85kg.
That would roughly extrapolate to 80km and 2400m climbed on EMTB; if ever need more, i just pedal harder and mix it with Tour+.
What the other users are reporting does not match at all with my experience, but have no idea what the cause might be.

DoubleU

Jan 15, 2022
Cheshire, UK
I'm on a 750Wh battery and find it more than plenty; i normally try to be conservative but i tried an all EMTB mode ride the other day: less than 25% consumed, 20km with almost 600m climbed. And i'm a heavy dude at 85kg.
That would roughly extrapolate to 80km and 2400m climbed on EMTB; if ever need more, i just pedal harder and mix it with Tour+.
What the other users are reporting does not match at all with my experience, but have no idea what the cause might be.

What kind of terrain and weather conditions was that? We are the same weight :) Have you changed tyres or running the stock ones?

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
All stock; it's a bit of a tank and the tyres are the least rolling friendly i have ever tried!
Having said that, i'm surprised at how i can turn off the motor and still get around decently.
Terrain was mostly gravel offroad with some tarmac, a bit wet after raining and it resumed raining halfway through the ride.
As another example, with mixed modes, i did almost 60km, 1600m ascent and 54% consumed battery.
Again, it seems plenty to me and more than i would have thought.

DoubleU

Jan 15, 2022
Cheshire, UK
Sounds like a terrain difference then - my last ride was offroad mountain biking, rocky climbs and descents. It was a fairly short ride - 1 hour 10 mins. Stats were 20km with 440m climbing. Nearly all in emtb mode. Used 40% battery.

Stock tyres but have cushcore inserts fitted.

I suspect that the terrain is having a much more noticeable impact given how the stock tyres are really quite grippy and aggressive.

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
I suspect that the terrain is having a much more noticeable impact given how the stock tyres are really quite grippy and aggressive.
Might be, although it's about twice the consuption i got on a similar ride! Huge difference; it might also be that pushing harder on EMTB it assists more, so how much you consume in every mode also depends on how you push it... The terrain on my trip was not really smooth either.
Indeed range has so many variables that it's quite impossible to predict or compare; at the same time, one's experience builds up and you get a good idea of what you can get. I got an electric car more than one year ago and i don't use range calculators anymore, i simply got used to manage it (and pray for the public charger to work whenever i need one!).

Choppersquad

Nov 10, 2021
Leatherhead
Can you up the assistance a bit in eco mode to maybe leave it in that most of the time apart from steep hills? I don't really know what assistance each mode gives you?

Hanzzzie

Sep 4, 2021
Belgium
yeah i have a similar problem... it's strange that D_Ch can go that far.
today i've done 30km and 175m elev gain today, 21km/h average speed with 45% battery
Mix road/offroad

was a normal forest underground with nothing special.

tomorrow i have a 40km trip planned so it's charging atm

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
Another variable that could make a difference is cadence: what is your normal average rpm?
I spin quite fast usually, just my comfort zone, at around 90+ rpm.
Also, the software might reserve a % for lights; i expressely asked the shop to disable that before picking it up.
Oh, and one more thing: temperature makes also a huge difference for the battery; here I'm at 15c or more.

BBear

May 18, 2019
Bristol
Went into my LBS this afternoon intending to pace an order for a 140TM which has an estimated delivery in June. They had a built 140SL in my size in the store which was a cancelled order. A bit of time agonising then bought it. Have ordered Maxxis Minions to be fitted before I collect it otherwise will see how I get on with the other components. Am a bit concerned about the suspension but will see how I get on. Very happy with XT drivetrain and brakes so won’t be changing those.

Really excited and can’t wait to get out there, esp. as I’m bikeless atm. 🙂

Justinitus

Feb 15, 2022
Wiltshire UK
Not sure what general availability is like atm, but I was in TT Cycles in Bradford-On-Avon this morning and they had a few Stereo Hybrids on the floor, 2 of which I’m sure were 160’s. Not sure which models exactly. Just a heads up if anyone is looking.

Hanzzzie

Sep 4, 2021
Belgium
Lovely trip today. Got battery down to 13% mostly emtb mode...
I guess the tires will be the culprit. My buddy's same weight reaction hybrid is strolling away even in decents due to the heavy running combo on the Actionteam...
Any recommendations for good rolling tires for xc/light trail riding??
I used to have rocket ron and racing ralph's on my analog bike doing most of the stuff i need to do...
Screenshot_20220320-122755_Flow.jpg

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Another variable that could make a difference is cadence: what is your normal average rpm?
I spin quite fast usually, just my comfort zone, at around 90+ rpm.
Also, the software might reserve a % for lights; i expressely asked the shop to disable that before picking it up.
Oh, and one more thing: temperature makes also a huge difference for the battery; here I'm at 15c or more.
90 rpm is high for the bosch motor, i find it pulls hardest from 78-85 after that your doing it a favour and taking the strain away from the motor so your going to increase range.
Your not wrong about activating the lights. I had mine activated a few month ago and its drastically effected how i view a ride in respect to battery %.
I can do my small 12 mile park ride with 18% battery in eco . I did the same ride after the activation with 30% battery showing at the start and it shut down on my way home.

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
I also did a nice ride today; in order to try to squeeze the battery, it was an endurance ride (zone 2, easy) mostly in EMTB (even small bits in turbo).
I charged to 100% before leaving and came back with 31%, so 69% used; more than 50km and almost 2000m climbed. It would yeld more than 70km and almost 3000m climbed for the full battery; again, an EASY ride. Average HR was 125bpm; less than that and might as well stay home :ROFLMAO:

1647786286999.jpg

Last edited:

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
90 rpm is high for the bosch motor, i find it pulls hardest from 78-85 after that your doing it a favour and taking the strain away from the motor so your going to increase range.

If it's more natural for me and easier on the motor, i suppose it's better to keep spinning at 90+ rpm then. In any case the great thing about the emtb is that i can control my output very well (especially with the Bosch system, showing leg power). It's not that if the motor works less, i do work more: i work as much or as little as i want; how much the motor helps basically determines the speed for that effort. The faster you want to go for the same effort, the more battery you're going to use.

Hanzzzie

Sep 4, 2021
Belgium
I also did a nice ride today; in order to try to squeeze the battery, it was an endurance ride (zone 2, easy) mostly in EMTB (even small bits in turbo).
I charged to 100% before leaving and came back with 31%, so 69% used; more than 50km and almost 2000m climbed. It would yeld more than 70km and almost 3000m climbed for the full battery; again, an EASY ride. Average HR was 125bpm; less than that and might as well stay home :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 84284
What tires do you have again?
I reckon that's my issue... the big betty in the rear :)

D_Ch

Aug 22, 2021
Malaga
What tires do you have again?

The stock tyres: Hans Dampf (2 different compounds) 2.6; i admit there can be even worse rolling tyres that these, but compaed to the Rekon Race (2.35) on my regular mtb, these already feel like tractor tyres. OTOH, these and the weight of the EMTB makes for a really good feel descending, while the regular mtb can feel a lot more sketchy or i can even taste the gravel every now and then :cautious:
As for a more general comment on range with this 750Wh battery, the only way for me to outlast the battery would be to use turbo most of the time; any other combination, including EMTB and not pushing a lot (like today) i would like to go back home before the battery runs out. And other than VERY (like extremely) steep inclines, i do not even like the feel of turbo a lot; EMTB feels a lot more natural, like my own legs multiplied by 2 or 3. Turbo feels like someone else is pushing me up the hill.

Hanzzzie

Sep 4, 2021
Belgium
Hmm. Also not a light rolling tire i reckon...
Prolly just slightly better than big betty magic mary combo as the action team has.

Still overkill for my riding i guess majorly affecting my range

RichardHawes

Oct 11, 2020
Southampton uk
Ive had my 140SL 750w a month and took it to the bike shop on Friday to have the aux power port turned on, and while i was there he said it was showing a minor battery error and bosch had done a software update, which he applied to the bike, not ridden it much yet but on a couple of small rides it does appear to be better in terms of battery life. he also said it takes some time to establish its power depending on individual riding style.

Hanzzzie

Sep 4, 2021
Belgium
We'll see, it now always gives me 55-60km on EMTB.
not sure if it's due to the rolling resistance of BB/MM tires or not...
it's strange that even on slight decends it seems to reduce speed. need a serious decend before it picks up more speed from just rolling freely

Doubting to get a 2.4 Maxxis Rekon/Dissector or Racing Ralph/Rocket Ron combo on it

I rode Specialized FastTracks on an Specialized Epic in harsh conditions where i live and it always worked for me

Pistonbroke

Jan 10, 2022
Salford, Manchester
I’m on new Bosch 750 system, very disappointed with the range I’m getting. It’s worse than my old Gen 2 with 500kwh battery. Something isn’t quite right
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, I haven’t been on here for a while, but there is another thread on here, think it’s titled: “Poor battery range Bosch 750” where the editor says Bosch are aware of it and that a software update is due soon. I am supposed to be getting my 160 next week (week 13) as told by my lbs, I have had no updates as yet if it will be there or not, I am expecting not, but here’s hoping🤞

Hanzzzie

Sep 4, 2021
Belgium
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, I haven’t been on here for a while, but there is another thread on here, think it’s titled: “Poor battery range Bosch 750” where the editor says Bosch are aware of it and that a software update is due soon. I am supposed to be getting my 160 next week (week 13) as told by my lbs, I have had no updates as yet if it will be there or not, I am expecting not, but here’s hoping🤞
software update we can do with the bosch connect app or only dealers?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles