May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
1305CE80-6B70-42CA-830F-E5D541FB431B.jpeg
40191AD7-D88F-43BD-9097-9C3A7ED3D514.jpeg

Mttassos

Dec 27, 2020
Athens
What travel is yours set up for and what type of trails? Awesome by the way
Since my previous bike was the SC Bullit, I tried the Crestline as 170fr/175re for 2-3 rides but now it is 180fr/175re.
The trails I ride are enduro mostly, but I cannot tell you if they are blue, black etc because we do not use such indications in Greece...
Some of them are natural, with lots of debris and off camber sections and others are with lots of flow and medium jumps.

Mttassos

Dec 27, 2020
Athens
Great info. How does it feel on the smoother and more flowing trails? Still nimble and agile?
The bike, despite being heavier by 1,7 kgs than the Bullit, has not lost any agility at all.
I believe this is mostly due to the high stack and my choice of 155 cranks,
which make me full nicely centered and on top of the bike.
In fact, it is poppier and I've managed to clear some rollers as doubles, which are difficult even for an analog bike.
It is a 29er though, and when compared to a mullet, it is 5-10% more difficult to handle.
But the benefits, for me, outweigh the drawbacks.
It holds speed far better, it gives me confidence to lean it without even touching the brakes and climbs better.

Posvar1

Nov 17, 2022
Charlotte, North Carolina
Thank you so much for the info. What size did you end up with and how tall are you? Do you feel the sizing is similar to the bulletThank you so much for the info. What size did you end up with and how tall are you? Do you feel the sizing is similar to the Bullit?

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
If they ship frame only I might be able to score a friend who is down small scale of course.

Frame only options are supposedly no longer available, the first dozen they had they sold as frame only because of component shortages. But after talking with Troydon going forward it's complete bikes only.

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
I like the bike alot but to me the pricing and the build are just not too compelling to want to actually buy one. Maybe if they offered a frame only it would look more attractive but no way I would spend that much for a bike when most of the parts I would want to swap for my preferred parts which would push the price up even much higher. For that money, you should get the parts you want plus some carbon rims that will hold true. I wish these companies would bring back frame only options cause with the prices being so high, it is just not reasonable to have to change out your parts on top of massive initial cost.

Last edited:

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I like the bike alot but to me the pricing and the build are just not too compelling to want to actually buy one. Maybe if they offered a frame only it would look more attractive but no way I would spend that much for a bike when most of the parts I would want to swap for my preferred parts which would push the price up even much higher. For that money, you should get the parts you want plus some carbon rims that will hold true. I wish these companies would bring back frame only options cause with the prices being so high, it is just not reasonable to they have to change out your parts on top of massive initial cost.

I was going to buy a frame from Crestline, but sadly they're all gone now and they won't be getting anymore frames from the factory. Complete bikes only as getting just frames apparently complicates things for them as they pay way more in duties on just frames compared to complete bikes.

The cost of just a frame went up $2000 compared to what I was originally quoted, so sadly I won't be buying one. I'll be ordering a new Orbea Wild.

Posvar1

Nov 17, 2022
I was going to buy a frame from Crestline, but sadly they're all gone now and they won't be getting anymore frames from the factory. Complete bikes only as getting just frames apparently complicates things for them as they pay way more in duties on just frames compared to complete bikes.

The cost of just a frame went up $2000 compared to what I was originally quoted, so sadly I won't be buying one. I'll be ordering a new Orbea Wild.
Good bike! The non removable battery would drive me crazy. The bike parks here with no lift really limit how many runs you can do. A second battery is a must

Roundbadge

Jan 9, 2022
Los Angeles
This is a demo 75/50 long suspension size large RH3 (27.5/29) with standard Bosch cx and shimano xtr brakes.
The actual bikes shipping have cx race motors and Magura mt7 brakes.
I currently have a gen3 Levo and just love 27.5/29’er wheel sizing.
My current analog bike is a Nomad 6 (also mullet and I love the vpp suspension).
I snagged the last full build Crestline 75/50 RH2 (mullet) shipping next month.
I cancelled my Orbea ‘23 Wild M-Team order.
My reasoning is finding a bike that is full powered 27.5/29 and has all the capability of my Nomad for riding some of the steeper techy stuff here in Southern CA.
And easy battery swaps is a big plus over the Orbea.

38715EA8-A4DB-498B-81A3-F47DEEA726A2.jpeg

Last edited:

Posvar1

Nov 17, 2022
This is a demo 75/50 long suspension size large RH3 (27.5/29) with standard Bosch cx and shimano xtr brakes.
The actual bikes shipping have cx race motors and Magura mt7 brakes.
I currently have a gen3 Levo and just love 27.5/29’er wheel sizing.
My current analog bike is a Nomad 6 (also mullet and I love the vpp suspension).
I snagged the last full build Crestline 75/50 RH2 (mullet) shipping next month.I cancelled my Orbea ‘23 Wild order.
My reasoning is finding a bike that is full powered 27.5/29 and has all the capability of my Nomad for riding some of the steeper techy stuff here in Southern CA.
And easy battery swaps is a big plus over the Orbea.

View attachment 106491
How do you like the demo? Yeah, not being able to remove the battery on the Wild is a huge deal breaker. I not only do bike parks but have killed the Heckler battery a couple times on really long local trail rides. My XL CL is still lost in shipping land but UPS promised it will arrive Monday. Enjoy!

Roundbadge

Jan 9, 2022
Los Angeles
How do you like the demo? Yeah, not being able to remove the battery on the Wild is a huge deal breaker. I not only do bike parks but have killed the Heckler battery a couple times on really long local trail rides. My XL CL is still lost in shipping land but UPS promised it will arrive Monday. Enjoy!
The demo felt great although obviously too long for my 5’9” height.
The Ohlins which I’ve never tried feels good.supportive yet plush.
Of course when I get the RH2 here and dialed in I’ll really know what the bike can do.
I do know this thing will handle the gnarliest steepest terrain.period.
Kenevo guys are switching over.
There’s a guy in LA who’s using a dual crown fork so it’s the bike to get if you’re a serious DH guy.
This bike is basically what I like about my nomad 6 but full powered.
The new Wild looks awesome too but there are compromises for what I want,like wheel size,adjustability and swappable batteries.
I think the Crestline guys(who are insanely fast riders and did a lot of testing here in So Cal) have ridden Hecklers before.They designed these with vpp.
The cascade guys involvement in designing the linkage with the VPP platform is the icing on the cake.

Last edited:

Posvar1

Nov 17, 2022
The demo felt great although obviously too long for my 5’9” height.
The Ohlins which I’ve never tried feels good.supportive yet plush.
Of course when I get the RH2 here and dialed in I’ll really know what the bike can do.
I do know this thing will handle the gnarliest steepest terrain.period.
Kenevo guys are switching over.
There’s a guy in LA who’s using a dual crown fork so it’s the bike to get if you’re a serious DH guy.
This bike is basically what I like about my nomad 6 but full powered.
The new Wild looks awesome too but there are compromises for what I want,like wheel size,adjustability and swappable batteries.
I think the Crestline guys(who are insanely fast riders and did a lot of testing here in So Cal) have ridden Hecklers before.They designed these with vpp.
The cascade guys involvement in designing the linkage with the VPP platform is the icing on the cake.
You may be talking about Troy Warren in the LA area. His bike is sick

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles