Crashy front end?

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
I’ve noticed that the forks on my Cube seems to be a bit ‘crashy’. Could that be the head bearing? I’ve done 200 miles on the bike now, but on today’s ride, you could feel a kind of thumping when you go over bumps.

I've tried loosening off the clamp bolts, tightening the steering head bolt, then doing it all up again, but that hasn’t fixed it. It’s not all the time, and I only feel it on a series of big ruts or tree roots, but it’s annoying nevertheless, and doesn’t feel normal.

Anyone got any ideas?

TheRealPoMo

Apr 18, 2020
Queensland
My new Cube had no grease in the steering head bearings but it was more of a rattle. I'd probably done similar mileage. Loaded up with grease and no probs.

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
Ok, so I sorted it mid ride earlier, then a load of bumps, and it came back by the end of the ride. I’ll give thread lock a go, unless anyone has any other suggestions?

Last edited:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
They‘ll all sell you a bike, but try going back with an issue, and they’re not allowed to be open.:(
Unlucky for you. There was not much evidence of bike sales whenever I've been in, but they were so busy renovating old clunkers from the back of the shed that I had to wait a week.

Matt van

Jun 1, 2023
Canberra ACT
I thought bike shops were exempt! Both my local bike shops are open, and busy!
they should fit easy warranty jobs up the line, My old bike was a 3-week wait for a wheel truing no parts needed, easy for them in my opinion, but I got my new bike replaced spokes in under 3 days because I bought it from them.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles