cranks compatibility

ridehard

Aug 20, 2019
Israel
Are all ISIS cranks cross-compatible with all motors?

Just bent my L/H PRAXIS on my LEVO and looking for a quick replacement,
I see some arms are labeled for BOSCH and some are for BROSE,
is there really a difference? (other maybe for the lock bolt size... is that M15 on BROSE?)

thanks

ridehard

Aug 20, 2019
Israel
just as i thought. thanks.

i still cant believe how easily that PRAXIS bent :(
i had a friend bend his as well.

is that a common thing with these?

just wondering whether to get the same one again or try and get something more robust

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

just wondering whether to get the same one again or try and get something more robust

Maybe bending was a good thing ? If it hadn't bent, there would have been a lot more force transmitted through to the motor/bearings/motor mounts/frame .. ?? (Trying to find a positive to your bent crank :) )

Quite a few people go slightly shorter with emtb. For me, I don't think you notice once you get used to it, which is normally a couple of km's. But it's not for everyone.

D

Deleted member 7291

Ridehard I have bent two praxis cranks and a pedal in three too many pedal strikes! One pedal and crank on my previous ebike (Giant Trance e-pro which had 170mm cranks and a lower BB) and a crank on my new turbo levo recently.

One of the threads here deals with shorter cranks in great detail. As result of recommendations from Rob Hancill and a number of others I bought Miranda 150mm cranks. No doubt they will bend just as quickly as most of the alloy cranks out there, but they are obviously much shorter and I've certainly enjoyed a big improvement in ground clearance across the board.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles