Crankbrothers Stamp 7

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Anyone running these pedals?

I bought some a couple of weeks back and noticed a clicking sound from the left hand side of the bike. Thought my shimano motor was on the way out again but thought better check pedal internals first.

Open it up and it's bone dry with the barely the smallest amount of grease. Checked the right one and it's the same. Should they look like this? All pics I've seen online have looked fairly greased up.

Anyway put some automotive bearing grease I had laying around and sound is gone. Anyone come across this before with these pedals?

20190722_164823.jpg

Shaun Joslin

Feb 23, 2020
Co7 0jq
Hi. Just found this post after interner search due to clicking from my CB Stamp 7 pedals, i took them appart a couple of weeks ago as they didnt seem to spin as well as they should. Stripped them down and virtually no grease in them. I greased them but approx 3weeks later they have both started clicking. Did you get any further clicking after greasing? Just thinking maybe I need a service kit.

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Mine were OK after greasing. The automotive grease was rubbish and didn't last long. I end up getting some lithium bicycle grease which seems to have worked a lot better.

Shaun Joslin

Feb 23, 2020
Co7 0jq
Mine were OK after greasing. The automotive grease was rubbish and didn't last long. I end up getting some lithium bicycle grease which seems to have worked a lot better.

Yeah thats what i used (lithium). Maybe I need to put more in, did you completely fill via greese port, or just smear a small amount on?

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
I took the whole Spindle out and smeared it all up the shaft. So it looked similar to below. Once installed back in I also put a little in the grease port just so I got full coverage.

One thing I have noticed is one pedal spins less freely then the other but you don't notice when riding.
images.jpeg.jpg

Shaun Joslin

Feb 23, 2020
Co7 0jq
I took the whole Spindle out and smeared it all up the shaft. So it looked similar to below. Once installed back in I also put a little in the grease port just so I got full coverage.

One thing I have noticed is one pedal spins less freely then the other but you don't notice when riding. View attachment 29688
Awesome, cheers for your help ?

valecek

Apr 20, 2023
Slovakia
Hi, after a few km, maximum 10 my new crankbrothers stams 7 make some popping.
For how much the pedals cost, it's a big minus, since I have to disassemble new pieces

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles