Covid 19 worries !

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Oh god, my Mrs normally likes the lounge at about 28... Now she'll be pushing the woodburner to its limits in the interest of health...

Helpful suggestion:

If you buy her a nice fur coat and make her wear it in the lounge, the combined heat of the stove and the build up of heat inside the coat will take her to well over 30 degrees, thus rendering her immune to the virus............ Simples!!!

nobbyq

Feb 17, 2019
jersey
personally i think its going to hit us (western countries ) extremely hard , the chinese are an authoritative state and people were forced to stay in like a curfew , with apparently violators getting punished or even beaten . that would never happen here , i mean they built 2 hospitals in 10 days , we couldn't do that in years , in the coming weeks the safest place in the world will probably be Wuhan , ironically !

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Helpful suggestion:

If you buy her a nice fur coat and make her wear it in the lounge, the combined heat of the stove and the build up of heat inside the coat will take her to well over 30 degrees, thus rendering her immune to the virus............ Simples!!!

Helpful suggestion 2:

Buy a more powerful stove; it will probably be cheaper than the fur coat.

Hitby

Jun 22, 2019
North Yorkshire
I've been watching this since early Jan and to be honest, it's spreading as pretty much all the epidemiologists had forecasted.
We're already past the containment phase and the UK government seem to think that the best way to deal with it is to let it burn itself out as quickly as possible. They may well be right.

Unfortunately, at this point it's uncontainable and it's pretty likely 40-70% of the UK (world?) will get it. Currently 3.9% of cases with outcomes have been fatalities. Fingers crossed it's nowhere near that.

China isolated 100 million people and that seems to have slowed it down. Hopefully it won't pick back up again now everyone is going back to work.

Italy and Iran are now quarantining people and they're probably 2-3 weeks ahead of us based on infection rates/number of deaths.

Basically, wash your hands, and try and avoid large gatherings. I'd suggest picking up a couple of extra tins of beans when you do your shopping - even if there isn't a shortage of food there will be panic buying - go and see if you can pick up any hand sanitiser right now, sold out everywhere, even in the small Yorkshire market town I'm in.

I'm far from a doomer but this outbreak is a bit different from anything else we've had before.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
I just had a meeting with a guy that had just come back from a trade show in Verona so I am probably fucked..
unfortunately for you lot, my wife knows what my bike cost so you wont find any bargains here once ive croaked

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
I just had a meeting with a guy that had just come back from a trade show in Verona so I am probably fucked..
unfortunately for you lot, my wife knows what my bike cost so you wont find any bargains here once ive croaked

A Levo with a motor that's probably only got another 20 good miles in it and a bike crawling in a killer virus, she'll be lucky to get £500 for it.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
A Levo with a motor that's probably only got another 20 good miles in it and a bike crawling in a killer virus, she'll be lucky to get £500 for it.
Ah, but is has "Future Value" ... in 20-30 years once "old blokes who should know better" has been re-discovered on old-tube and become a future classic..... finding "The Dobby Levo" will have collectors throwing millions around in their obsessive search !

And like all Levo's it will be a "low mileage" example ... :p;):ROFLMAO:

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
ive just been to wipe my nose on and gob all over the handgrips - hope it kills you unsympathetic bastards!
my lawyer is putting the finishing touches to the 'old blokes who should know better' youtube channel deal.. so at least my kids will be looked after.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
ive just been to wipe my nose on and gob all over the handgrips - hope it kills you unsympathetic bastards!
my lawyer is putting the finishing touches to the 'old blokes who should know better' youtube channel deal.. so at least my kids will be looked after.
Can you avoid wearing your helmet for the next few episodes, I quite like it and would like to claim bagsies for it in an uninfected state .

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
As usual it is difficult to glean the real facts when certain political parties see this as an opportunity to disrupt governments, Governments have to consider and balance economic interests with public health, and the media yet again just see it as the next big headline hitting story. Some perspective is given when you consider for example that more than 20k people in the UK die from Flu each year but no one is talking about that as an epidemic. It is also the case the case that the majority of those that die from both Flu and Corona Virus are elderly and have pre existing medical conditions. Those on here that said the disruption is likely to be main issue rather than the virus itself are probably right. Meanwhile there is a lot of ( often well meaning) disinformation, mostly based on the media's attempts to create hysteria. I wonder if they are going to explain whether we all die first from Climate Change or Corona Virus?? Just get out and ride!!

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
As usual it is difficult to glean the real facts when certain political parties see this as an opportunity to disrupt governments, Governments have to consider and balance economic interests with public health, and the media yet again just see it as the next big headline hitting story. Some perspective is given when you consider for example that more than 20k people in the UK die from Flu each year but no one is talking about that as an epidemic. It is also the case the case that the majority of those that die from both Flu and Corona Virus are elderly and have pre existing medical conditions. Those on here that said the disruption is likely to be main issue rather than the virus itself are probably right. Meanwhile there is a lot of ( often well meaning) disinformation, mostly based on the media's attempts to create hysteria. I wonder if they are going to explain whether we all die first from Climate Change or Corona Virus?? Just get out and ride!!

Let’s keep the political conspiracy theory stuff out of this ok?

The facts have already been posted.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I'm far from a doomer but this outbreak is a bit different from anything else we've had before.[/QUOTE said:
Not it appears from a medical point of view but the early reaction suggests no one fully knew exactly what they were dealing with and had concerns it could be something far more virulent and deadly even for people in good health and no other pre existing medical condition like COPD, asthma, diabetes, lung cancer or low auto immune system. I think there may be more to find out in time about the origins of this virus. The supposed original source from a Fish Market is very suspect when you consider the epicentre of the original outbreak is also the home of China's main Biological Warfare Weapons Research Centre!

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Appears to be a media frenzy about sweet FA.
More people dies daily from cancer - or heart disease - or diabetes - or AIDS - or suicides - or mosquito born diseases - or car crashes. Hell, over 600 people are murdered in Chicago annually.

Take a deep breath (not of somebodys sneezes) and nmake sure you wash your hands regularly.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Australia has gone nuts for toilet paper, mate as long as I have two hands and running water who needs toilet paper ✌️
Aussie toilet paper

dsc00253-jpg.122699

Just put it back on the nail in the dunny when you are finished.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Without food there will be no need for toilet paper.
As a last ditch effort for survival I’m going to paint myself green, go out in the sun and try to photosynthesise ? ?

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
I heard that your statistically more likely to win the lottery jackpot than die from this overgrown flu.

death rate 1-2%, about 20-25% need hospitalisation so a knock on effect on medical services. we don't know yet if recovery is complete in affected people. to date there is no cure or inoculation.

a reasonable person would take any necessary steps to avoid contracting it in order to not pass it on, even if not concerned about personal effect of the illness.

or of course we could rely on that bloke down the pub who's not bovvered.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles