Considering buying Commencal Meta Power 650B+ Fox

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Intersting - in the market for a hardtail and would pull the trigger now if they sold frame kit for that, but look like they only do FS
Out of interest what’s spec would you build to want frame only
I keep pricing up builds in normal bikes but it’s never as good value as buying the whole bike

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I keep pricing up builds in normal bikes but it’s never as good value as buying the whole bike
True but if you got the bits already or you have donor bike its a cheap route

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I have a bike where I could just do s frame swap, so essentially only cost would be the new frame kit

Robotaff

Apr 29, 2018
Newport
Bike in transit with Fedex so hopefully should arrive early next week. Will post some pics and feedback when I have given it its virgin ride at my local woods or Cwm Carn which is only 10 minutes away.

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Bike in transit with Fedex so hopefully should arrive early next week. Will post some pics and feedback when I have given it its virgin ride at my local woods or Cwm Carn which is only 10 minutes away.
And you live 10 mins from cam carn , double jealous ?

Robotaff

Apr 29, 2018
Newport
Not really just haven’t got time to go through them all, that’s without going through the one’s around Bristol etc which are also only 30-45 mins down the road!

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Not really just haven’t got time to go through them all, that’s without going through the one’s around Bristol etc which are also only 30-45 mins down the road!
Well have to have a meet up at cwm carn sometime soon

Robotaff

Apr 29, 2018
Newport
My new Commencal Meta Power 650b+ Fox fresh from the box ?

1528924572782.jpeg

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
Very nice! The meta is the bike I wish I had known about before I ordered the kenevo, somehow I missed them, really want to get a ride on one sometime.

coullit

Jun 13, 2018
Alicante Spain
5k is lot, depending if 5k is a lot to you....Ive recently bought a moustache samedi second hand not yet done 1000 kms for 1000 euros. The french lady owner bought it new for nearly 3000, Its light responsive reliable and the Bosch permormance motor very good. the Bosch 400w battery holds full power and last for days. Ive also just received which I ordered before I bought the Samedi a Giant Dirt E with the Yamaha MDU 1799 euros. I love them both been up and down mountains nearby ...
love reading about the new tea coming along, the Levo and Lenovo seem popular
Sam in Alicante Spain

njn

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2018
USA
AFAIK there are no fame only emtbs. Regulations likely prohibit this.

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
The Commencal frame kit was on the uk website a few months (weeks?) ago. Was only there for like 2 weeks before it disappeared. I'd call/email Commencal and ask.

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
AFAIK there are no fame only emtbs. Regulations likely prohibit this.
What regulations would stop you buying the frame and parts separately ? Shimano motors and all the related parts are readily available , I would like to think I could easily get a new frame if I managed to damage mine . Commencal have been changing thier website a lot recently , the 29er am bikes are listed along with frames , so I can only hope the ebike frames are awaiting a new Listing, although it would be a very expensive way to build one if you were buying it all separate

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
I was thinking it had to be complete to be certified, like a car. Sure there are e bike kits, but are they legal for road and trail use? Most, if not all manufacturers have warranty and crash replacement frames available.

How much were they charging for frame only?

New Type-Approval for Speed E-Bikes Now Effective - Bike Europe
I think the frames were similar price to normal frame about 1200€ , I doubt there’s much difference in manufacture cost , no bottom bracket to machine and thread etc , just a motor cradle in its place . That type aproval in your link is dated 2016 so hope nothing has effected the current sales , although a friend said to me ebike in France now require insurance ?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
You can buy any number of shimano/Bosch etc compatible framesets from OEM Chinese/Taiwan manufacturers and build up you own bike.

I think ebike frames sets will be a growth area

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles