Considering a Spectral On

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
Hi all!

Im highly interested In this ebike, for many reasons

My main ”worry” is about the suspension, because i want something more on the reactive side than a swallower. On paper is a nimble ebike so I guess suspension is dialed for that, but on paper ...

And how do it climbs with the steepest setting? 430 chainstays are fairly short for ebikes but, most of them are also over 1.5 degrees slacker, so is a good trade?

As you can say im on ride the ebike more often in steep setting than in the slacker one.

And that’s all for now, thank you! (y)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Normally no response is a good thing. People like to complain ! :)

If it's good, they just ride it and it does what they want and don't feel the need to say anything.

I think I've only read good things about it on here, no ones ever complained.

Did you consider a Thok ? If you're still on the fence about the Spectral, it's also a nice bike.

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
Are the owners on holidays? C’mon tell me about your Spectrals! ?

just get one dude you won’t be disappointed, only thing that went wrong on mine was i was struggling to get the dropper post down, this was purely the collar coming a bit loose through vibration, quick tighten up by hand and jobs a good un.
Was back up the peak district last weekend, did the beast twice, potato alley, screaming mile and alpine/les arcs descent - knocking up 40km, down to last bar.
It’s a beefy bike that inspires confidence, it’s planted and really soaks up the bumps, ive chucked it down stuff ive been too scared to do on my normal bike and not give it a second thought.
Geo on the bike is great, nice and low stand over for easy manoeuvrability.
Don’t know what else to tell you really, i’m stoked with mine, just get one and fell the buzz every time you sling a leg over.

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
The spectral is the only ebike I have ridden and I can only compare it to stumpjumper and trek stache.
The spectral behaves much like these two, being easy to turn on a small radius and lean down and back while in movement, the only real big difference being the enormous power that my legs seem to have.
That was a bit scaring on the technical climbs untill I got used to it and now it seems totally natural. The front wheel stays planted if you have the proper body positioning and I am surprised at how well it climbs when i stand up, totally eliminating the front wheel popping up. Pedalling the spectral off the saddle uphill is the most astonishing experience I have had on a mountain bike I can now clear supertech climb sections that I had gave up trying ten years ago.
On the steep, fast, groomed downhill, doing long build up jumps, it may not be this bikes best realm and then I guess some longer wheelbase woud be better, but, at slower techy DH it also shines, being poppy over natural jumps. The smaller rear wheel is the best quality of this bike on the steep, and it allows you to go back over the rear wheel withou scratching the butt.

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
@B1rdie you hit the spot. This Ebike with the short chainstay, the not too agressive geometry and low placed battery seems a good choice to me. Im not on rocky descents or super steep stuff this the only real trail bike I found in the market and is offers better specs at lower price than many others.

it also a great reviews

Higly underrated ebike in my opinion

Sep 25, 2019
UK
Before I got my Spectral ON 6 i was riding a 2018 Santa Cruz Hightower Carbon with Fox factory forks - I love that bike and I still ride it now alongside the Spectral.

I can honestly say that for me, the Spectral "feels" quite similar to the Hightower (I'm no pro tho) it climbs well - goes without saying as its an ebike lol - and goes downhill better than my Hightower i reckon, due the to 29" front wheel.

I'd say just get one. I paid £3k a month ago and i reckon thats a bargain for the spec.

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
Spectral and Rocky mountain altitude are the only ebikes that handle like normal bikes because of the poppy suspension tune and shorter chainstays.

I love mine. Had a kenevo before this and spectral is way more fun.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles