Compression Ratio for Fox X2 Shock (160mm)

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
Hi,
Does anyone know what the compression ratio is likely to be for the Fox X2 Factory rear shock on a Yeti 160e T1 build. I ask as I cannot manage to get the shock to anything like fully open when trying to set this on my shock wiz. Having deflated the shock it collapses and is compressed and nye on impossible to move more that 50 mm (2 inches).

for now I have guessed at 2.1 :)

TIA

Rich

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
1646928482614.png

2022 Yeti 160E Review - Mountain Bikes Feature Stories - Vital MTB

leverage graph is about half way down the page.

There is still probably air in the shock, remove the valve core and try to compress it

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Hi, it compressed it just won't pull to it full extended position.
ah right - you've got too much pressure in the negative chamber in that case, probably from letting the air out of the main chamber too quickly and not letting the air flow from the negative chamber while the valve was open .

Pump it back up to normal pressure or higher until you get full extension (dont exceed the max pressure for the shock though) and let the air out very very slowly holding the shock at full extension, as the air chamber empties, every 10 psi of pressure loss cycle the shock slowly past the sag point this should equalise the neg chamber as you deflate the shock .

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
ah right - you've got too much pressure in the negative chamber in that case, probably from letting the air out of the main chamber too quickly and not letting the air flow from the negative chamber while the valve was open .

Pump it back up to normal pressure or higher until you get full extension (dont exceed the max pressure for the shock though) and let the air out very very slowly holding the shock at full extension, as the air chamber empties, every 10 psi of pressure loss cycle the shock slowly past the sag point this should equalise the neg chamber as you deflate the shock .
ok, will give that a try - Many Thanks

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
I found that letting the air out using a shock pump left air on the negative chamber. Use the shrader cable direct… carefully and slowly got all the air out. The X2 needs lots of fine tuning to get the most out of it. It took me months.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles