Compact Smart Charger compatible with 2019 Trance E+ pro2?

Herder000

Oct 31, 2019
UK
Hi everyone,
My charger went bang (literally) the other day. I checked the plug fuse and it was fine. So I cracked it open but can't see any other internal fuses so am thinking I need to buy a new one. I almost soiled myself when I saw the price of the 6A Smart Charger replacement then I noticed a (still expensive but £30 less) Compact Smart Charger but the Giant website doesn't make it clear if it's compatible with my 2019 500wH Energy Pack Battery. Has anyone here got one or know? I tried Giant's helpline but it didn't fill me with confidence...

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Hi everyone,
My charger went bang (literally) the other day. I checked the plug fuse and it was fine. So I cracked it open but can't see any other internal fuses so am thinking I need to buy a new one. I almost soiled myself when I saw the price of the 6A Smart Charger replacement then I noticed a (still expensive but £30 less) Compact Smart Charger but the Giant website doesn't make it clear if it's compatible with my 2019 500wH Energy Pack Battery. Has anyone here got one or know? I tried Giant's helpline but it didn't fill me with confidence...
I have a 2019 Trance and the connector on the charger in your link looks nothing like the one on my battery.

Herder000

Oct 31, 2019
UK
I have a 2019 Trance and the connector on the charger in your link looks nothing like the one on my battery.
Thanks for the response. I called my lbs who have double checked and it should work. They've ordered one in and I guess we'll see next week!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles