Bad Charger? 2019 Trance E

The Flying Dutchman

E*POWAH Master
Jan 16, 2019
Wellington NZ
Regardless if I try to charge my battery on or off the bike the LED on the charger blinks red. Even if the charger isn't connected to the bike or battery.... it still blinks red. I also tried unplugging the charger for a day and still had the same issue. I'm sure it's a bung charger but given the bike is nearing its death, I don't want to keep throwing money at it.

Has anyone had this issue? Remedies?

Also if there is anyone in Wellington NZ who would lend me their charger a day or 2 in exchange for a hoppy beverage, that would be awesome!!

ek69

Aug 29, 2022
Canada
I just had a warranty replacement for a faulty charger with the exact symptom you mentioned. Light would flash red right away and the battery would not charge. Go ahead and get it warrantied, easy fix!

The Flying Dutchman

E*POWAH Master
Jan 16, 2019
Wellington NZ
I just had a warranty replacement for a faulty charger with the exact symptom you mentioned. Light would flash red right away and the battery would not charge. Go ahead and get it warrantied, easy fix!
I'm definitely out of the warranty period but I think buying a new charger is my only option :(

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles