Commencal Meta. Shimano Steps. Wont turn on.

Peterg

Apr 26, 2019
Uk
My sons Commencal Meta power will not turn on..
Battery power level is full, indicated by all green lights on the battery when its off the bike.
But when the battery is fitted to the bike it will not turn on, no screen display or anything.....
Any ideas???

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
check the connections into the display - there are two cables going in to it, one from the mode switch, and one from the motor - they are push fit, if they are loose it won't turn on.

If they are ok then pop off the side cover on the motor, left hand side, and check the connection there are pushed in correctly.

Peterg

Apr 26, 2019
Uk
check the connections into the display - there are two cables going in to it, one from the mode switch, and one from the motor - they are push fit, if they are loose it won't turn on.

If they are ok then pop off the side cover on the motor, left hand side, and check the connection there are pushed in correctly.

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
I don’t own one but, my mates meta had a problem, where it wouldn’t turn on whilst the pedal was weighted. Was a torque sensor fault.
hope this is helpful.

Fuellerr

May 9, 2019
USA
If this happens to you just remove the top bottle cage bolt and with the battery in the bike use a small allen wrench like 2.5mm and turn on the battery. The on-off button has a small battery itself and if the bike sits for a few months it losses its charge, once the bike is ridden it will charge back up.

Santa_cruzer

Nov 7, 2020
USA
If this happens to you just remove the top bottle cage bolt and with the battery in the bike use a small allen wrench like 2.5mm and turn on the battery. The on-off button has a small battery itself and if the bike sits for a few months it losses its charge, once the bike is ridden it will charge back up.

Thanks for this! I had to do this today. I didn’t ride the bike for two weeks and today the screen would just flash shimano steps for a second. After find this thread I gave it a shot and it worked! My Meta actually has a small hole with a rubber plug right below the top water bottle cage screw.

Is the battery for the switch easy to replace? The bike is about 2 years old so the battery might be loosing capacity.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles