Coast to Coast on an EMTB

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Hi mate long time no see Martin from NBS here, I remember doing it with you at least twice ??? I’d be up for doing it again on an ebike. I managed 31 Miles off road on the ridgeway a couple of months ago.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
You would need to carry a spare, or couple of spare batteries i suspect - whats the total distance/elevation? Its the elevation that will have more effect on the range

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
Hi mate long time no see Martin from NBS here, I remember doing it with you at least twice ??? I’d be up for doing it again on an ebike. I managed 31 Miles off road on the ridgeway a couple of months ago.

Martin - No way!!!! - if you are the Martin I knew with a Proflex - Wow!! I was thinking about you the other day to see if you fancy a little ridgeway loop? while its nice and dry...

I am thinking about getting a Focus Jam2 and then the Tec extra battery, and for the C2C on Ebikes as the FIRST EMTBers to ever do it I would probably get another tec battery in my ruck sac - so we can attempt in 1 day!!!!

Was it 120miles and about 5000 meters?

Mike Smith

May 26, 2018
Derby, UK
Haa Proflex a name from the past had 2 myself !!
Back in 2000 !!
I currently do around 30 miles on 50% battery mainly Eco mode, so I guess you'll need to get some charging done overnight, if your planning on a 3 dayer?? .

proflex beast 2002 (1).jpg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I have a feeling its already been done on a home built e-mtb, but i suspect for that distance/elevation you are going to need 5 batteries at least!

If it was flat you could probably do it in eco with the inbuilt battery and 2/3 tec packs, The problem with he jam is that you cant easily swap out the internal battery and it can only be charge by plugging the bike in, meaning you have to swap out the tec packs, so once you have drained the first tec pack you are left to using small batteries (the tec packs are only 378wh) to cover bigger distances.

A bike with an external battery is going to be a better bet - Something like this Riese and muller is probably a more fitting steed.

delite-mountain

We recently did a forum ride, one of us on a Jam riden for 90% of the route in Eco, and inbuilt battery fully drained at end., so about 23 miles and 900m of elevation. Based of this you would be needing a lot of backup batteries

Screen Shot 2018-07-15 at 18.56.09.png

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
I reckon it’s about 10000 ft of climbs but depends on route. I reckon 3 packs at least with a recharge so support vehicle would be good

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
I have not ridden a Emtb yet and I am not sure if the CX motor can be off on the flat or down hill to save the batteries, which the Shimano 8000 can do?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
It can, but it doesn't decouple like the Shimano motor so it's harder to pedal.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Yes that’s me. Proflex was nicked ages ago. You helped me convert my replacement bike from a single speed to a MTB ??

I’m looking at Levo bikes too.

I’ll Message you RE numbers it would be good to get out.

Martin - No way!!!! - if you are the Martin I knew with a Proflex - Wow!! I was thinking about you the other day to see if you fancy a little ridgeway loop? while its nice and dry...

I am thinking about getting a Focus Jam2 and then the Tec extra battery, and for the C2C on Ebikes as the FIRST EMTBers to ever do it I would probably get another tec battery in my ruck sac - so we can attempt in 1 day!!!!

Was it 120miles and about 5000 meters?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles