Central Coast Bikes now selling the RRP ProGuard front bolt-on fenders

Will Hesch

Dec 3, 2019
Yep, we figured since our Turbo Guard rear mudguards (Levos and SL's) are bolt-on, why sell a front mudguard that uses zip ties?

So we're selling the RRP (made in the UK) ProGuard front fenders/mudguards and glad to be using them on our bikes as well!

They fit all Fox (special adapter needed for 2022 40's), Marzocchi Fox made)
hlin and Suntour forks.

They come with high quality bolts and allen wrenches and have shims if raising the front or rear of the fender is needed.

They're unbreakable and have that "factory" look that makes them that much more cool.

We're selling them for $50 with free shipping in the U.S. with worldwide shipping at $15.

Currently we've listed them on Ebay RRP front bolt-on MTN bike fenders | eBay with our website to follow www.centralcoastbikes.com

I'm excited to have such a quality, thought-out product in our lineup.

I posted this thinking that you guys/girls here in the U.S. might appreciate knowing they're available stateside now.

My Red SL has the mini (15" long) and my wife's blue Levo has the standard model (20" long) as seen below.

IMG_0608.JPG
IMG_0606.JPG

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_0613.JPG

Last edited:

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
Looks smart!

By the way (and PLEASE don't take this personally), the main reason I didn't get the rear guard was because the logo clashed. A bit precious, I know! Maybe you could offer your mudguards without the logo? Or a black-on-black logo. Or maybe just imprinted into the plastic.

Will Hesch

Dec 3, 2019
Looks smart!

By the way (and PLEASE don't take this personally), the main reason I didn't get the rear guard was because the logo clashed. A bit precious, I know! Maybe you could offer your mudguards without the logo? Or a black-on-black logo. Or maybe just imprinted into the plastic.

Tim, no offense taken. The decals are easily removed.

alan_sh

Aug 3, 2020
Rochdale
Maybe I'm missing something, but I was under the impression you needed a lot of clearance between the wheel and mudguard when going offroad, otherwise mud and stuff would just jam up between the two.

How does your mudguard deal with this? Or does it not matter?

Cheers

Alan

Will Hesch

Dec 3, 2019
Maybe I'm missing something, but I was under the impression you needed a lot of clearance between the wheel and mudguard when going offroad, otherwise mud and stuff would just jam up between the two.

How does your mudguard deal with this? Or does it not matter?

Cheers

Alan
Alan, which mudguard are you referring to, our Turbo Guard rear mudguards (Levo, Kenevo and SL) www.centralcoastbikes.com or the RRP front mudguard/fender?

Both give excellent protection against dirt, mud and rocks. Our Levo Guards were designed primarily to stop dirt and mud from getting into the motor vents on the lower linkage/motor area of 2019-2021 Levos (all models).

The RRP front fender protects your eyes/glasses in wet and muddy conditions and protects the downtube from mud, dirt and rocks to an extent depending on the length of fender chosen.

Thick, "can't pedal in it" mud is another animal altogether and will probably jam the bike at the lower linkage/bottom bracket/tire intersection before the mudguards get clogged but both will create a hike-a-bike condition.

Will

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles