Closer look at the Greyp G6

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I got invited by Greyp to test their brand new EMTB, the Greyp G6 in Croatia. Priced at €6,999 it’s loaded with technology. Greyp is the sister company of Rimac, producer of some of the worlds fastest electric cars. The bike includes dual front and rear cameras, full carbon fibre frame, 700Wh battery, an always-connected to the web via an e-Sim integration that opens up new features such as live ride sharing, anti theft measures, over the air updates and a whole host of planned upgrades that the company can share to your bike over the duration of your ownership.

Continue reading...

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Though having said that the motor and battery seem to be very interesting - will they be making it available to other brands?

Topov

Great to have all that tech, but its seems a bit of a toy as said above. As a real EMTB it needs to be able to take a few knocks, I hate to think how much a new display is because if you have a crash that's usually the first to go, I say this from experience. Then you have the cameras again costs when they go missing?
Never the less great to see the anti theft side as theft is getting worse every month.
The gaming, I'm not quite sure how that works but hey its different and updates over the air that's fantastic, but we also need to know how much things are going to cost for this sim after 4 years?
Great review Rob, we'll have to get out and ride soon

Master Link

Dec 7, 2018
Isle of Wight
Good first impressions review. Making ebikes hi-tech is certainly one route that will become more prevalent in the future. Having only 1080P cameras is a disappointment, although this is probably due to the problem of live streaming 4K. They should have mounted 4K cameras for recording video to an onboard memory module and still provide 1080P live streaming. I was disappointed that no ‘onboard’ video from the trail ride was included as I would be interested to see how the bike mounted cameras handled vibrations. The anti theft features are something that all manufacturers are going to have to address in the future and presents a whole sub-industry for after market solutions.

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
Looks to be a very interesting and complete overall package - and well filmed in a lovely location too! Can definitely see the Greyp being the tip of a new market sector with all the built-in technology (similar to the way the Flyon is going).

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Looks to be a very interesting and complete overall package - and well filmed in a lovely location too! Can definitely see the Greyp being the tip of a new market sector with all the built-in technology (similar to the way the Flyon is going).
Hi @Rob Hancill, did you tested the heart rate control? Is it more or less like Smart HR in BLEvo? I think it is better because it is already integrated in the bike.. or is the assistance controlled by phone?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi @Rob Hancill, did you tested the heart rate control? Is it more or less like Smart HR in BLEvo? I think it is better because it is already integrated in the bike.. or is the assistance controlled by phone?
Yes it works very well.
They liked what you did and have watched the video we made already! They’ve been working on the HR stuff for 2 years b

Master Link

Dec 7, 2018
Isle of Wight
@Rob. Did you see any video from the on board cameras while on the trail? My experience with handlebar/bike mounted pre-Hero 7 GoPro cameras, even with image stabilisation, is that the video is unwatchable due to vibration.

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
Looks like it has much of what I want, but why is it ugly as hell ?

I can't find some other color choices, and is it even possible to derestrict this gaming hardware ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles