• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Cleaning a chain with Bosch cx?

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
On other ebikes I’ve seen people wedge a stick into the chain ring and then move the pedals backwards to clean the chain.

How is this achieved with Bosch motors as the chain ring is hidden?

super_claret

Aug 21, 2019
North Yorkshire
I prefer to use a stand when cleaning the bike which makes cleaning the chain/drivetrain a lot easier. I'm very nervous about using any degreaser on the Haibike specific chainring though. Any advice on how to clean the front chainring would be appreciated (Haibike SDURO Full 7)?

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
For cleaning the chain, I'm old school, I just flip the bike over and can then spin 'forwards'. If that's a problem, use a bike stand...

As for de-greasing the chaining, DONT do that on the bike because it will flush all the grease out of the Bosch seal behind it. When that happens, yuk will get in to the motor and quickly kill the drive-side bearing.

Every few months remove the Bosch chain ring (you'll need a dedicated lock-ring removal tool for Bosch), clean the chain ring, and replace the grease behind the seal...

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
My chain degreaser bath works fine pedalling forwards. Mine is a cheap halfords one but I think they all work in a similar way. The swing lever locks the top to the bottom of the bath and hooks around the derailleur. If yours will not work both ways put it on the top of the chain rather than the bottom and either hold the swing lever whilst you rotate the crank forwards. Where there is a will there is a way.

Flo

Sep 16, 2020
Romania
Please put here a link with the special tool for the lock ring Bosch cx gen 4. We need an advice from someone who realy use the tool. Thank you !
I use Squirt Lube special for ebikes and winter time one special for cold condition and before to wax the chain i uninstal the chain from the ebike and degrease totaly in a ultrasonic sound machine with a bio degreaser. The Squirt is not sticky like an usual chain lube but is not recommended in rain conditions. And for me it's ok because i don't use my bike in the rain. It's not fun at all.
I have a big Muc off lubes stock but i'm sick of Muc OFF products. Very messy and to much problems because of them.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I engaged Walk Mode and used a clothespeg to hold the + button down. Spray chain with Cif Kitchen Mousse and brush with a stiff brush. Rinse off with water, dry with an airline then apply more lube.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles