• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Charging options when camping?

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
Looking forward to camping trips and wondering how to charge bikes with no mains supply.
I have a 7kw generator but wonder about leisure battery and inverter setup, any advice?

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
There’s a thread on this , having just been diown the same route , I found out that a leisure battery and inverter , would charge about 2 and a half batteries . As I generally use two batteries per day on holiday thats not much use unless your driving on each day and charging it .
I bought the small 800w generator from screwfix that is able to charge delicate items and it works fine . It’s under £200 Obviously there’s the downside , of a generator running for 3-4 hrs but it has a low power switch which drops the Revs and still gives enough for battery charge . I don’t really notice it if it’s placed the other side of the van , but there can be neighbours to consider , although then your often able to get a campsite hook up .

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
But nae forgotten .
Ktm 990 adv & husky350 ere lad but luv in the E-mtb stuff.
As mentioned 2 laps of Ae forest also twice around whinlatter forest .
Up to fort William soon.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles