charger 2.1 conversion in Rockshock Lyrik

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
for those who have don the conversion from the lyrik select to the 2.1 charger. What was the difference. I mainly ride trails, not really any jumps. So I am looking for improvement on the low speed bump absorption. Smaller rock compliance improvement both slow and at more speed, improvement on deflection on rocks while railing down a trail Then the next question. RC2 or RC3, seems the RC3 is better and less money....

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
IME it won't actually be hugely more compliant than the charger damper you have already. Especially if you are a heavier rider. The compression damping should be subtly lighter but for a heavier rider running a higher fork spring pressure this difference will be less noticable. What it will add is more adjustability in the form of separate low/high speed compression damping adjustment.
Unless you're a lightweight rider and genuinely struggling with the fork being overdamped I'd save yourself £200 and just do a lower leg service to freshen up your small bump sensitivity.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
RC2 or RC3, seems the RC3 is better and less money....
How did you reach that conclusion?

The RC2 has high and low speed compression adjustment, the RCT is a single adjustment for compression damping which is why it's cheaper.

The RC2 is more tunable, but that will make it harder to find the best settings unless you're a suspension guru.

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
IME it won't actually be hugely more compliant than the charger damper you have already. Especially if you are a heavier rider. The compression damping should be subtly lighter but for a heavier rider running a higher fork spring pressure this difference will be less noticable. What it will add is more adjustability in the form of separate low/high speed compression damping adjustment.
Unless you're a lightweight rider and genuinely struggling with the fork being overdamped I'd save yourself £200 and just do a lower leg service to freshen up your small bump sensitivity.
thank you.. after more reading that is exactly the conclusion I also did come up with!!!! I will save the money

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles