chargeing battery & connect app problem

ChrisCM

Nov 11, 2020
Cornwall
I have a Cube Stereo 140 with the Knox display. Can I charge the battery on the bike with the display removed? I have checked the manual and can find no mention of this. There is no indication of charging on the charger (2 Amp) so I wouldn’t know when it was charged so I assume not?

Also, in the Bosch Connect App, the shop function is greyed out so I cannot purchase the anti theft function, can anybody suggest why this may be?

Thanks

Rubik

Jan 31, 2021
Billingshurst. West Sussex
Yes you can, and (on the Powertube battery) you can remove from the bike, and see the charge progress on the LED indicators on the battery itself. I would always charge inside in the warm, rather than leave it in a garage. I have not checked but you might be able to see the LEDs on the battery if you remove the battery cover when it is on the bike. My powertube cuts taking charge when it reaches 100%, and the progress LEDs just turn off. Just remember the display will not get its internal battery charged, but it should do so when you next take a ride out. For the Anti-theft I guess it could be connectivity, so just check you have a good signal and the device is Bluetooth connected at the same time. Anti-Theft I don't really get.....it does not stop the bike from being stolen, it just hobbles assist without the display being 'paired' in terms of serial numbers, however, the thief does not know this?! so it just impacts resale /disposal by them, rather than being a deterrent. I chose to save money and get a better lock.

Last edited:

ChrisCM

Nov 11, 2020
Cornwall
Thanks for the info, yes was aware that the battery can be charged off the bike, I don’t like leaving the battery connected to the charger after it has finished so it’s nice to see an indication. Now I know it’s ok to charge without the Kiox connected I’ll set a timer if I’m leaving the charger connected, say overnight.
The lock function is now working, took several attempts, but now ok!

Geeman

Nov 23, 2020
Uk
Don't buy the Bosch app lock. If it goes wrong, it goes very wrong. In my case frying my motor. Still waiting for a new motor 8 weeks so far. I took the Cube in with lock issues, and killed the motor.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles