Bosch Ebike connect

Vfour800

Feb 24, 2020
Brackley Northamptonshire
Hi all, I have recently bought a cube Reaction hybrid 500 Kiox and started using the Bosch ebike connect app. This works fine apart it doesn’t show you the ascent in the main view (see image) Can anyone tell me how to rectify this please? Cheers

Bosch eBike Connect.png

Bosch eBike Connect.png

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
yeah I have the same issue. If you download komoot app and in setting on bosch app select Komoot in connected apps.
Komoot will record ascents. As for the connect app, I think its just a matter of waiting for a fix

Vfour800

Feb 24, 2020
yeah I have the same issue. If you download komoot app and in setting on bosch app select Komoot in connected apps.
Komoot will record ascents. As for the connect app, I think its just a matter of waiting for a fix
Cheers Jammy! I have Komoot and have paid for the detailed mapping but I don't think it is as detailed as the OS maps in view ranger so I haven't been using it.
I'll give it a try and see what it's like.
Cheers

Vfour800

Feb 24, 2020
I think bosch is busy to release the new 2020 Nyon Bikecomputer, we will see how fast the update will arrive...
Yes the Nyon has been around fo quite a while now. It would be good to have an all in one solution for everything rather than clipping my mobile to the bike for mapping. I see the current Nyon kits are coming down in price so the new one will probably be out soon.

roccobarocco

Feb 26, 2020
Germany
That looks interesting and a bigger version of my Kiox. I’ll see what price point it comes in at and decide then about an upgrade. I like the detail we get with OS maps. Do you have the same mapping detail in Germany

Yes we do, however I wish for a more frequent map upgrade in the future...

kohonen

Feb 23, 2020
Austria
i am having troubles with my android ebike connect app. i turn on bluetooth discovery on kiox, but can't see any device in my phone. anyone having the same issue?

Vfour800

Feb 24, 2020
i am having troubles with my android ebike connect app. i turn on bluetooth discovery on kiox, but can't see any device in my phone. anyone having the same issue?
Hi Kohonen,
I didn't have any trouble with mine so can't be of much help. Have you checked all your settings are good. Failing that maybe try a different phone or an iPad etc just to prove Kiox is communicating properly. Good look

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I do have another question about the synchronizing between the bike and the eBike connect app.
When I am riding, I see my phone is connected. My Kiox and app both report that they are synchronized, however I don't see any details about my last tour.
I have connected the Kiox to the bike and turned it on and off. Turned the Kiox on without the bike, but still no update on my phone.
Any clues?

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Try to remove it from the Bike and attache it back to the Bike...this should help.
It didn't. Tried that multiple times with turning bike off before removing, or removing without trning the bike off etc. Still the last synched ride is from 23rd Feb. I went on a long ride on 29th Feb. Maybe it is a Leap year problem?? I can't test it at the moment as I am in Switzerland, and next week skiing in France. (Life is tough!)

Vfour800

Feb 24, 2020
Hi,
‘The current update hasn’t sorted the problem. Went for a short ride with my wife on her New Cube Kathmandu and as you can see there is no Ascent or Decent data. Anyone have any ideas?

Screenshot 2020-03-15 at 09.03.51.png

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I did a ride today also, and don't see anything there. I still haven't worked out how to synchronize my ride so I see it on the phone. It only seems to come over if I connect to the kiox the next day.

Vfour800

Feb 24, 2020
I did a ride today also, and don't see anything there. I still haven't worked out how to synchronize my ride so I see it on the phone. It only seems to come over if I connect to the kiox the next day.
Hi,
When you finish your ride leave the Kiox on and keep it close to your phone. It should then transfer data to your phone to view with in a few minutes.

Giff

Subscriber
Oct 14, 2019
Cheshire UK
Slightly off-thread. I have a Cube Reaction Pro with a Bosch Purion. Can this be upgraded (easily !) to a Kiox.
Thanks G.

Vfour800

Feb 24, 2020
Slightly off-thread. I have a Cube Reaction Pro with a Bosch Purion. Can this be upgraded (easily !) to a Kiox.
Thanks G.
I am no expert but I am fairly sure you could. the problem is that you can’t buy them as an upgrade yet. There is going to be a new Nyon soon and there is a teaser trailer that Rocco has posted above As an option.
When my bike turned up from Cube reaction it came with a damaged bracket and the Kiox housing was damage also. It was missing its charger and all the paperwork and accessories. Its a long story but it culminated with me refusing a full refund as to find the same bike would of been another £700.
So I ordered a new bracket and Kiox through my local dealer but Bosch insisted on seeing proof of purchase before they would supply one. And the cost was £176.
I ordered a fast charger from Bike discount De in Germany to get me up and running. Will never use Cube Reaction or Wiggle again. It was like trying to talk to a brick wall via email.

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
Opinions: Would you wait for new Nyon release before updating current Purion to Kiox? Current Nyon seems to be more for commuting etc. and is maybe too big for MTB use.

My speculations:
I have Garmin GPSMAP 64ST which gives me information like "Where did I came from?" and "Where am I?" and supports custom terrain maps.

If new Nyon would replace even part of this I would rather update straight to it rather than Kiox.

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Thanks G.

I can't find it now, but on the Bosch Ebike site about 2 months ago there was a link for the retrofit holder/mount which needs to be added so that you can use Kiox. It was being marketed as part of their Smartphone Hub package because this uses the Kiox mount, so it is definitely in existence.

Vfour800

Feb 24, 2020
Opinions: Would you wait for new Nyon release before updating current Purion to Kiox? Current Nyon seems to be more for commuting etc. and is maybe too big for MTB use.

My speculations:
I have Garmin GPSMAP 64ST which gives me information like "Where did I came from?" and "Where am I?" and supports custom terrain maps.

If new Nyon would replace even part of this I would rather update straight to it rather than Kiox.

If you want an all in one solution I would hang on for the new nyon which has had a teaser trailer first posted by Rocco: The Kiox is good but you can’t do navigation and they aren’t available as an aftermarket upgrade.

Vfour800

Feb 24, 2020

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles