Levo Gen 3 Changing cranks - non Speciaized offset

Jamescoughlan

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2020
Aberporth
Yo.
I’ve just bought a 2023 Levo carbon after 4 years on a trek rail.
I had some PINND short cranks on the Rail that, technically, fit the Levo but have a different offset.
What will the effect be messing with the offset like that? What am I going to experience? PINND weren’t interested in answering my question sadly.
Cheers

sam_pinnd

May 13, 2024
Scotland
Hello James,

I'm sorry your question wasn't answered.
With the offset from specialized motor the motor centreline is off the frame centreline.
Therefore cranks with a different offset either side are required to correct.
We are working on these and they aren't far from release (next couple months)
In the meantime if you used your original PINND cranks then the centre of your stance would be off the frame centreline by 4mm towards the drive side.

Hope this helps.

the202

Subscriber
Mar 6, 2024
Windrixville
Hello James,

I'm sorry your question wasn't answered.
With the offset from specialized motor the motor centreline is off the frame centreline.
Therefore cranks with a different offset either side are required to correct.
We are working on these and they aren't far from release (next couple months)
In the meantime if you used your original PINND cranks then the centre of your stance would be off the frame centreline by 4mm towards the drive side.

Hope this helps.
Hi Sam_pinnd,

You mentioned "We are working on these and they aren't far from release (next couple months)". I'm curious, who is "We"? I recently swapped out my Specialized OEM cranks (Praxis Offset) for a set of SRAM XO (Brose) cranks, and as you mentioned, created a 4mm divergence. For me, the difference has been negligible but I'm always interested in other options. I believe Hope Tech makes a Levo specific crankset but it's not within my budget at the moment.

For anyone interested, here is a comparison photo of the Praxis (middle two) and SRAM cranks (outer) side by side. One other note, the SRAM XO and GX (Brose) cranks are identical other than the finish (and price).
SRAM-Praxis-Bros-Crank-Arms.jpg

sam_pinnd

May 13, 2024
Scotland
Hi Sam_pinnd,

You mentioned "We are working on these and they aren't far from release (next couple months)". I'm curious, who is "We"? I recently swapped out my Specialized OEM cranks (Praxis Offset) for a set of SRAM XO (Brose) cranks, and as you mentioned, created a 4mm divergence. For me, the difference has been negligible but I'm always interested in other options. I believe Hope Tech makes a Levo specific crankset but it's not within my budget at the moment.

For anyone interested, here is a comparison photo of the Praxis (middle two) and SRAM cranks (outer) side by side. One other note, the SRAM XO and GX (Brose) cranks are identical other than the finish (and price).
View attachment 140198
By we I mean PINND: Collections

tehviking

Subscriber
Apr 5, 2024
Erie, CO, USA
This is great news! I love my 145 pinnd cranks on my fuel EXe and have been waiting for someone to make Levo-friendly short cranks. After getting tossed OTB on a pedal strike on my Levo I’m motivated to drop some coin on the shortest cranks I can get my hands on, and the Pinnd stuff is top notch.

the202

Subscriber
Mar 6, 2024
Windrixville
@sam_pinnd, I’m in agreement with @tehviking , I would appreciate any info regarding a release date. And – just in case you’re looking for design suggestions – I think a Levo-specific (160mm Brose) Gold-ish/Copper/Kashima/Kash Money crankset would be the perfect flagship item for launch 😉. In the meantime, I gave in to temptation, and ordered a PINND Top Cap and Spacer set - they look awesome and they're on their way to Windrixville.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles