Changing brakes on Kenevo

Leeky1

Jan 29, 2023
Shropshire
Hi all

Not happy with my Code R’s on my new Kenevo. Love the bike but no confidence with the brakes. Going to change them for hopes, but when cutting my bars down today I have realised the dropper post and gears all seem part of the SRAM code levers. Will I need any additional brackets when I purchase the hopes?

Many thanks

Sean

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
I changed levers to Code RSC and rotors to Galfer. Brakes are now good and no need to change anymore.
Those original Sram Centerline rotors are really bad.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
the dropper post and gears all seem part of the SRAM code levers. Will I need any additional brackets when I purchase the hopes?

It sounds like you have SRAM's Matchmaker clamps. Other companies make similar products, including Hope. The supposed benefit is that you get to "clean up" your cockpit by using fewer clamps. That might indeed be true. You need to decide whether you prefer the "clean" look, or whether you'd rather install individual clamps that allow you to adjust the location of each control to be exactly where you want it.

One of my bikes has discrete clamps. The other has a discrete shifter clamp, and the dropper lever is integrated with the brake clamp. You can get no-name clamps fairly economically.

Leeky1

Jan 29, 2023
Shropshire
It sounds like you have SRAM's Matchmaker clamps. Other companies make similar products, including Hope. The supposed benefit is that you get to "clean up" your cockpit by using fewer clamps. That might indeed be true. You need to decide whether you prefer the "clean" look, or whether you'd rather install individual clamps that allow you to adjust the location of each control to be exactly where you want it.

One of my bikes has discrete clamps. The other has a discrete shifter clamp, and the dropper lever is integrated with the brake clamp. You can get no-name clamps fairly economically.
Thankyou. I like the clean look I will look at the hope ones. Thanks for your help

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles