Levo Gen 2 chain rubbing on chain guard - common?

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
I messed up when I replaced my motor mount bolts to eliminate a creak (that part worked!). I lost some of the fiddly bits of the chain guard, so I bought a replacement. The original chain guard never touched the chain in 3 years of riding, but the new one does. I was extremely careful to keep all the new fiddly bits in the proper order.

I'm just curious about how many of you have experienced chain / chain guard rubbing.

I've been trying washers and heating/bending the plastic using a heat gun to get a bit more clearance.

Last edited:

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
I've done two steps that reduced the rubbing.
  • The guard has a short adjustment "track". I adjusted it so it was as far from the crankshaft as it would go.
  • You can rotate the whole guard assembly on the motor mount bolt. I have rotated the guard clockwise such that it really isn't doing much to keep the chain on at full suspension droop.
Now the chain only rubs on the guard when I pedal with the suspension compressed, which only happens on steep climbs with little rollers. The suspension squashes at the bottom of the roller, and if I'm pedaling at that moment, I'll hear the rub.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles