Chain ring off-set help

Jay355

Apr 10, 2020
East Anglia
Hi,

Can some one help me out?

I want to upgrade the SRAM X-SYNC 2 Eagle Direct Mount chain ring on my Cube 160 TM, for a E*THIRTEEN Chain ring, GX cassette is about done, so going to be swapping the drive train to Shimano XT.

Tech specs say the SRAM has 3mm off set, E*Thirteen has standard, same as Hope and Miranda.

Is there compatibility issues?

I`m concerned about chain rub on the chain guide

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
Looking at E13's website the chainring comes in 3 'flavours' Brose, Bosch and Shimano, with sizes 34, 36 and 38T
The spec mentions a chainline of 52mm or 53mm (Boost Chainline)

I'd hazard a guess that if you order the size and flavour you need the chainline will be correct as there is only 1 option per flavour for chainline.

Link here for clarity
E*Thirteen

HTH

The E13 ring is stock on the Action Team (36T)

Your chainguide is the same as the AT so shouldn't get any rubbing. (I don't get any)

Jay355

Apr 10, 2020
East Anglia
Cheers, I do have a boost rear hub, and the flavor is Bosch gen 4, sticking with the 36T.

I thought e13 would be the most obvious choice because it is stock on the Action Team which is similar to the TM.

@MrPeaski How do you find the Shimano shifts on your AT? as the SRAM is shocking on the TM and it eats chains like there free.

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
Really good, no miss shifts, smooth and quiet. Although after its first ride I did swap out the stock XT shifter and rear derailleur for the XTR versions from my regular Cube 140. Simply as they were only a few months old and unlikely to get used. The XT performed the same while it was on the bike though.

I have around 300 miles on the bike so far, and as yet not checked for chain/cassette wear.

I have had an issue with the XT freehub though (posted in another thread) that so far has been ok since a pull apart and re grease.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles