Chain reaction beware before ordering

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Just a heads up I place a fairly small order with chain reaction (£90) for a few bits they had in the sale

i am aware they are in administration but they have not sent or confirmed the order and they don’t respond to emails or live chat , however they have taken the money

Just thought i would give a heads up for anyone thinking of ordering

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
I ordered an item of clothing at the weekend, it's still showing as 'In process' and the payment has been taken.
I'm hoping it's just a result of them laying off most of their staff and those remaining being snowed under with all the orders generated by the clearance prices...

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I ordered few bits last week saying still processing 1 item missing/ out of stock which have been refunded for & managed to get through on chat but think large volume orders means being slow

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
I ordered an item of clothing at the weekend, it's still showing as 'In process' and the payment has been taken.
I'm hoping it's just a result of them laying off most of their staff and those remaining being snowed under with all the orders generated by the clearance prices...
Literally just received an email confirming dispatch of my order so hopefully you'll get yours too.

Zed.

Apr 26, 2023
Deepest Bandit country (Wales)
monday & Tuesday this week I've ordered in 2 seperate orders from Wiggle (CRC) ~ £1000 in total , second order was delivered yesterday and the larger first order delivered today - admittedly the first order had a toolbox that said it would be a slower dispach & delivery.

Rich.

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
I ordered spares of pivot bolt kits, and suspension bolts for my vitus DH bike, £30 kits selling for 99p!

Weirdly each small item was sent separately in an A4 padded envelope, I had 12 separate tracking numbers 🙈 no wonder they're skint, it was also free delivery!

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
Just a heads up I place a fairly small order with chain reaction (£90) for a few bits they had in the sale

i am aware they are in administration but they have not sent or confirmed the order and they don’t respond to emails or live chat , however they have taken the money

Just thought i would give a heads up for anyone thinking of ordering
If you paid by credit card then ask your card provider to issue a charge back, given that they have been taken over by the Frasers Group, Mike Ashley of Sports Direct, he now has your money.

Roger20

Mar 6, 2020
West Yorkshire UK
"used paypal so (hopefully) safe"

Not quite - you lose S75 protection so you can't use your own credit cards charge back protection and have to rely on PayPal dispute procedure which can be notoriously variable

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
My order just arrived today had been delays due to stock issues on one of the item’s which they have refunded me the money for days ago

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
used paypal so (hopefully) safe 🤞
all good though as everything was delivered safely😎
Nukeproof wheels, rims, freehubs & wheel hardware, grips etc. as well as tools and tyres / NP's 'ARD' cushcore copies (27.5" but stretch to fit 29" rims:p)
Rich.
I've always use PayPal to do transactions they've been on the ball when I purchase from Europe and didn’t turn up it was sorted within a week

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles