Cascade link on Heckler vs stock Bullit

Hickey300

Dec 21, 2023
Florida
Has anyone compared a Heckler with the cascade link and long travel shock to a Bullit? I considered getting off my Heckler for a Bullit but I like the idea of the progressive cascade links to gain the same travel and adding a 170 fork to the front. I know a few have compared Hecklers and Bullits, I’m curious how many have compared a Heckler with the long travel cascade link setup to a Bullit.

Bac

Sep 13, 2021
New Zealand
Bullit with cascade link and long shock is mint! 185 rear, 200 front 👌

20231203_153249.jpg

mehukatti

Apr 25, 2020
Finland

Can I run a dual crown fork on the Bullit?​

No, this is not compatible. Full stop.

The carbon layup of Bullit is not designed to withstand dual crown hitting the tube from side if you crash.

Bac

Sep 13, 2021
New Zealand
I am aware (y) Doing what I can to mitigate that with extra rubber placed as bump stops.
Same here ... I just positioned the bump stops in the lower bit where the frame is reinforced from both sides and able to handle the load. And rotated the bump stops to an angle to ensure slow ramp up of loading on impact instead to a direct impact. I was originally planning on getting the frame reinforced across that section, but seemed to work out fine and I've had many biffs since and it's be fine

JJDABOSS

Mar 15, 2020
USA
Has anyone compared a Heckler with the cascade link and long travel shock to a Bullit? I considered getting off my Heckler for a Bullit but I like the idea of the progressive cascade links to gain the same travel and adding a 170 fork to the front. I know a few have compared Hecklers and Bullits, I’m curious how many have compared a Heckler with the long travel cascade link setup to a Bullit.
I too have the same inquiry but haven’t found many who have converted their Heckler9 to 170 with or without a Cascade link. Perhaps they are busy riding.

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
I wouldn’t touch a Santa Cruz now that their owners Pon inc fired all the old management in January. Now they can have the same great management as GT and Schwinn bicycles.😢

• Wow
Reactions: Dax

Zapienn

Mar 26, 2024
Sun Valley
I have the link on my bike for about 2 months now, I love it! I also added a X2 performance elite I opt out of coil.

E73CE677-59CA-4F1D-9DEE-BA634AFA36C7.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles