Bullit or Heckler?

sennenorochi

Oct 18, 2022
Italy
Hi all,

I have posted a similar question in the newbies section, but I wanna ask something more specific in this sub.
I want to get a new bike that is more capable than what i currently have (levo SL) and two of the main contenders are the Bullit and the 2022 Heckler MX. Ideally my perfect bike would be as capable as the bullit and as playful as the heckler, but that's of course impossible.
So I guess my question is, to those who have tried either or both: just how capable of a descender do you think the heckler is, especially with a coil in the back? Maybe even with the new cascade link?
I would gladly give up a bit of travel compared to the bullit for increased fun, but I'm worried that the heckler would feel too much like a trail bike, just like my SL feels...

Thanks for your help!!!

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
Hi all,

I have posted a similar question in the newbies section, but I wanna ask something more specific in this sub.
I want to get a new bike that is more capable than what i currently have (levo SL) and two of the main contenders are the Bullit and the 2022 Heckler MX. Ideally my perfect bike would be as capable as the bullit and as playful as the heckler, but that's of course impossible.
So I guess my question is, to those who have tried either or both: just how capable of a descender do you think the heckler is, especially with a coil in the back? Maybe even with the new cascade link?
I would gladly give up a bit of travel compared to the bullit for increased fun, but I'm worried that the heckler would feel too much like a trail bike, just like my SL feels...

Thanks for your help!!!
I own both bikes and feel both are more capable than the Levo SL. If I had to pick 1 between the 2022 models I would pick the Heckler due to the larger battery. The new 2023 Bullit is supposed to have the same 720wh battery and also has the Fox 38 vs 36 and I think that bike is the way to go. Cant go wrong with either bike.

sennenorochi

Oct 18, 2022
Italy
I own both bikes and feel both are more capable than the Levo SL. If I had to pick 1 between the 2022 models I would pick the Heckler due to the larger battery. The new 2023 Bullit is supposed to have the same 720wh battery and also has the Fox 38 vs 36 and I think that bike is the way to go. Cant go wrong with either bike.
Thanks a lot for your input George. Glad to hear both bikes are more capable than the SL. I agree that the upcoming Bullit would probably be the best option, but given the recent history of delays with sc ebikes I’m worried it will be another year before they actually show up in shops (I’m in Europe).
Can I ask you how does the bullit feel compared to the heckler? Does it have any of playful, poppy character of the heckler or is it just a big burly planted bike?
At 150 lbs I honestly kinda prefer the 36 over the 38 I have on my SL…The 38 never really clicked for me, no matter how I set it up it always feels a bit harsh. I also find the grip damper to be plusher then the grip 2. Yeah, I’m weird lol

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
Thanks a lot for your input George. Glad to hear both bikes are more capable than the SL. I agree that the upcoming Bullit would probably be the best option, but given the recent history of delays with sc ebikes I’m worried it will be another year before they actually show up in shops (I’m in Europe).
Can I ask you how does the bullit feel compared to the heckler? Does it have any of playful, poppy character of the heckler or is it just a big burly planted bike?
At 150 lbs I honestly kinda prefer the 36 over the 38 I have on my SL…The 38 never really clicked for me, no matter how I set it up it always feels a bit harsh. I also find the grip damper to be plusher then the grip 2. Yeah, I’m weird lol
The Bullit has a more linear suspension tune vs the progressive suspension tune of the Heckler. Both bikes are planted but the Heckler does have more pop than the Bullit. So on mellow trails the Heckler is more fun but on rougher trails the Bullit is more stable and preferred. The differences between the 2 bikes is not huge.

sennenorochi

Oct 18, 2022
Italy
The Bullit has a more linear suspension tune vs the progressive suspension tune of the Heckler. Both bikes are planted but the Heckler does have more pop than the Bullit. So on mellow trails the Heckler is more fun but on rougher trails the Bullit is more stable and preferred. The differences between the 2 bikes is not huge.
Thank you once again. I think I'm leaning more towards the heckler at the moment because of availability and the bigger battery (like you suggested). Good to hear that the bikes are not that different...
I'm starting to think about getting the heckler in XL as i prefer longer bikes, even though at 6 ft that's probably kinda crazy.

Last edited:

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
Thank you once again. I think I'm leaning more towards the heckler at the moment because of availability and the bigger battery (like you suggested). Good to hear that the bikes are not that different...
I'm starting to think about getting the heckler in XL as i prefer longer bikes, even though at 6 ft that's probably kinda crazy.
I'm 6ft 1in tall/145lbs and love the XL. The reach is only 495mm. I actually prefer the geometry of my Gen 3 Levo S5 with a 505mm reach.

Charliep

May 17, 2021
Greenisland
Another owners here with a heckler and bullet it really depends where you prefer riding the heckler is a lighter more playful bike which can do it all the bullet feels like it will take on anything and flatter you as a rider more suited to DH. When i open the garage it’s always a tough call which one to grab the answer is you need them both!

Rusty762

Apr 7, 2022
Monterey, CA
I am riding a 2022 Heckler MX with the prototype cascade links and longer stroke Fox DHX2 coil in the back. Its 160mm now in the rear, huge difference in terms of plushness versus the stock air shock. I also rode a Bullit for a couple months and its an awesome bike and I was about to buy one but heard about the Heckler and wanted the larger battery and talked with Cascade about a longer link and figured that would be the perfect bike with a coil on back. I live in Santa Cruz and worked at a local shop and knew about the new Bullit but its a long way out and wanted something March of 2022.

IMG_8518.jpg IMG_8520.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles