Carrying lock on Levo

Baron

Nov 2, 2018
UK
Has anyone successfully carried a Gold secure lock on their Levo. Apparently we are all uninsured if we don’t lock our bikes to something every time we leave it unattended.

Max-E

Apr 30, 2019
UK
I'd be *really* wary of leaving a Levo unattended. Ever since having my PK Ripper nicked from ROM skatepark in 1982 the only bike I ever leave locked out of sight is my £60 pub bike and even then I get nervous!

Sadly Gold Secure does not mean much in the real world, as an example:

Unless you are willing to spend BIG money (£100 +) on a Kryptonite’s New York Fahgettaboudit or a 12mm + properly hardened link proper motorcycle chain and a very decent (£50 + ) lock.

Check out 'lockpicking lawyer's superb channel for really useful insight:

LockPickingLawyer

Baron

Nov 2, 2018
UK
Totally agree Max-E, I have no intentions of leaving my bike anywhere unattended but I was just curious if their is a lock out there that you can carry easily and is “Gold Secure”

Apples

Oct 27, 2018
Wiltshire
I have always been slightly disappointed that you can’t lock the cranks via Bluetooth , immobilise the bike and GPS track them . I think they missed a trick with this , surely easy features to implement.

Mattwilko92

Aug 22, 2018
Staffordshire, UK
I have always been slightly disappointed that you can’t lock the cranks via Bluetooth , immobilise the bike and GPS track them . I think they missed a trick with this , surely easy features to implement.

Great idea. After all they are close to a price of a small hatchback..

TommyBall

Feb 12, 2019
Edinburgh
100% agree the litelocks are rubbish. I had 2 on my bike when it was stolen. A lot of money for those locks.

Unfortunately if someone has targeted your bike they will find a way.

Also weirdly I don't feel all that comfortable talking about security incase it's someone on this forum that has targeted myself. Maybe I'm being paranoid.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles