Carrera Vengeance (2021) OLED Display

JohnP

Jan 27, 2022
West Sussex
I have a Carrera Vengeance (2021). I find it difficult when riding to read what assist level I am in on the very small OLED display. Can I change it for a larger display unit?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I have a Carrera Vengeance (2021). I find it difficult when riding to read what assist level I am in on the very small OLED display. Can I change it for a larger display unit?
I’m not familiar with your setup but I use the Kiox display for the Bosch gen4 motor. On the Kiox I can change pages to display different feedbacks ( mode, speed, time, distance etc). Through changes in colour on the display I can determine which mode I’m in. (Eco, Tour, EMTB, Turbo). After months of using the Kiox the most important thing for me was the digital clock and mode colour. After riding for a while I can tell what level of assist or mode I’m in by feeling the feedback of the peddles and the speed of the bike. I only look at the clock now when I’m stopped.…or hungry.
I check out the other info when I get home and use my regular glasses 🤓.

336F3A70-8F0F-42CD-8853-F8CA1D725D78.jpeg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
The Carrera is a rear hub motor Ebike and more of a leisure mtb rather than an actual proper off road worthy Emtb so this isn't perhaps the best forum to be looking for advice. (try Pedalecs forum) but by chance an elderly neighbour of mine has a 2020 Carrerra subway E bike which I maintain and service for him. I'm fairly sure his bike shares the same motor as yours.
His has the HESC LED display rather than smaller OLED unit you have. Like this one
IZIP-Simi-electric-bike-display-closeup-1024x758.jpg

As you can see it has simple easy to see LED light indication for each mode and a simple LCD speed display and battery indication lights rather than the smaller screen your display has.
I'd have thought it'd be a straight swap. but check before buying the display.

Here's the manual for the system (which also includes contact details for suntour should you have any querys)

Oggie

Jan 30, 2022
Cheshire
20220109_124208.jpg

Attach 2 self adhesive cupboard door bumpers. To the up/down power buttons. When you are riding, keep pressing the down(lower) button, you will feel the motor cut out. This is off. (Hard to read display) for each press of the up button is. Eco. Tour. Turbo.

Arith50

Mar 9, 2022
Warwickshire
If you don't mind spending the money the display from a Crossfire E (big and bright) will fit as its the same system.
I believe they cost £140, it uses a remote to adjust level etc...

crossfire.jpg

remote.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles