Carbon Wheels?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Well, I was playing hide the penis with this nice lady and a car came up
You didn't tell us where you hid her penis ?

Saw a couple hot babes too one who was faster than me…..
From what I read on the back of that German toilet door, it's pretty impressive for anyone to be faster than Quick Draw bambam ! ;) :D?

In all fairness to her, fight or flight probably kicked in and she was suddenly DH World Cup material.

GrandesRoues

Jul 26, 2019
Alpes Françaises
I use carbon rims on my rail (from Duke).
I also use inserts (Tannus tubeless) to be able to use low pressure and ride in rock gardens without slowing.
Total weight is close to an aluminium rim; with better stifness and lower pressure.

Don_Singer

Jun 15, 2020
Peoria, AZ USA
I put carbon rims on my trail bike and it was a night-and-day difference, whole new bike, snappy acceleration, improved handling. However, on my eMTB I put in CushCores after denting the rim and pinch flatting a tubeless tire which I'd never done on my trail bike, with the opposite effect, a noticeable decrease in snap even on an ebike. So yeah, carbon rims are great, but depending on what you do and where you ride does it make sense to spend $$$ on lighter rims only to weight them down with protection because you're scared of smashing them? For me, I have a motor to drag my 170/150mm enduro bike to the top of the any gnarly trail I want to try.

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
I put carbon rims on my trail bike and it was a night-and-day difference, whole new bike, snappy acceleration, improved handling. However, on my eMTB I put in CushCores after denting the rim and pinch flatting a tubeless tire which I'd never done on my trail bike, with the opposite effect, a noticeable decrease in snap even on an ebike. So yeah, carbon rims are great, but depending on what you do and where you ride does it make sense to spend $$$ on lighter rims only to weight them down with protection because you're scared of smashing them? For me, I have a motor to drag my 170/150mm enduro bike to the top of the any gnarly trail I want to try.
Current Carbon wheels 1830g. 60+ rides no inserts w/ zero issues in really rocky terrain. Previous alloy wheels @ 1900 grams went 3 rides on the same trails before non-repairable rim damage. Both wheels sets had same 30id, tires, & tire pressure. Personally I’ll take good carbon all day on all my bikes for where I ride….or i wud have to learn to build alloy wheels for all the ones I’d break

Jarod83

Jul 30, 2021
United States
I am rocking some nobl carbons with onxy hubs!
813F8BBD-78F5-4F5B-8B14-1C341693C79A.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles